Downloading Library Books - I'm so confused

Default Downloading Library Books - I'm so confused

I have Overdrive on my machine. I have Calibre. How do I get the books on my Nook?? I even have ADE (not that it's doing me much good...).

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Downloading Library Books - I'm so confused

Nevermind, I think I got it. For some reason ADE wasn't recognizing my Nook when I plugged it in while the application was open. It was only when I quit the app and reopened it that it recognized a device was connected and I was able to add to it. Weird.

Puck

That's how it works for me as well. The nook needs to be attached prior to opening ADE.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

sunshinejenn03, glad to hear things are okay!

Donna

yeah - I've found that kinda flakey.
    I had to install ADE on a different machine to download my library books. Nook & ADE worked fine on my netbook together when it came to moving documents to nook and such - but I kept getting server errors when trying to get library books to the ADE.

When I put it on my 'big' machine - there was no problem at all! I kinda wanted to keep my book habit off my photog-biz machine...but I had to re-think that....
    Joy Hamilton
    Joy Hamilton Photography
    www.joyhamiltonphotography.com

Another problem is that one library book won't open with ADE. I'm frustrated. After the episode with Comcast last night, I just didn't want to fudge with it anymore.

Oh and what's the point of the Overdrive console? Does it even do anything? UGH!

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    Oh and what's the point of the Overdrive console? Does it even do anything? UGH!
    I think it is more for the audio side of things... Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Donna

Tiny Tim

As a person who has downloaded many audio and ebooks from my local library system, I would say that it would be a correct statement to say that the Overdrive window pops up for audio books and the Adobe Digital Editions window pops up for ebooks. Also typically if something goes wrong during the download usually Adobe Digital realizes it and will prompt you to download. If it does not do it automatically, I would close Adobe, open it again, and see if it prompts you to download the same book that you were having issues with. If not, I would delete the book and redownload from the library site usually under My Download items, there is a link to download. For the audio books and presumably for the ebooks as well, there might be a limit on how many times you can download an item. My library has a limit of 3 times, but even then I could send an email through the helpdesk to get this limit reset to be able to download again. I actually only has this issue on my old Sony PRS300 which was a little flaky with the library downloads (ie I could not add a PDF and a EPUB book to the reader at the same time or add another book to the reader at a different time). No such problems with the Nook, but sometimes things just don't quite go right during the download, and you might have to redownload.

Wendy