Did you publish an Ebook? Share it here - Page 3

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mowgli

Default Re: Did you publish an Ebook? Share it here

Here's my latest book to come to the Nook.

THE FALL GUY: (crime thriller)
    Todd Collins has failed in every job he's ever undertaken, but that all changes when he backs his jalopy in a shiny, new Porsche belonging to a drug dealer. When the police stop the drug dealer for a broken taillight that Todd has caused and discover a cocaine shipment, a West Coast kingpin holds Todd responsible. On the run from organized crime, Todd fights back and discovers his true calling.

Praise for The Fall Guy:
    “Elmore Leonard would be proud to have written this twisty, action-packed tale.”
    — Cemetery Dance

“Tightly crafted. Wood delivers the goods!”
    — Reviewing The Evidence

“Crime hasn’t been this much fun or unpredictable since the second-story man John Dortmunder squeezed himself into a dishwasher.”
    —The Drowning Machine

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...1114762/?itm=4

I hope people will check it out.

Simon Wood
    Author of Paying the Piper, We All Fall Down, Working Stiffs, The Scrubs, Road Rash, Asking for Trouble & Terminated available for the Nook & from Smashwords
    Learn more at http://www.simonwood.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Thanks for the opportunity to mention my book, Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel.

Lily’s life isn’t going well. Her husband is clueless, her children are rudderless, and she’s had a trying day in traffic. It's little wonder she seeks comfort in her dreams, unaware that her grandmother’s rubies have transported her back through time to a safer, saner existence.

When she realizes her dream lover is a real man who lived and died years before she was born, her problems mount. Despite her fears that her marriage may not survive her unintentional infidelity, she’s entranced by the simpler nature of times gone by and can't resist going back, but only after imposing strict rules of conduct on herself.

But a miscalculation keeps her away longer than planned, and she's confronted by an angry husband on her return. Aware she can't make amends and steer her children in the right direction unless she stays in the here and now, Lily vows to leave the past to the past. But in her attempt to take away the jewelry's power, she inadvertently sends herself back without her return ticket, the rubies.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll check it out.

Joyce

Rebecccaforster

I have published a number of ebooks! My back list of legal thrillers - the bestselling Witness Series and USA Today top seller Keeping Counsel are all up. I've also written an exclusive-to-ebook thriller Before Her Eyes. I'm excited about all of them. Here's a taste:

Before Her Eyes: When a mountain grocer is found executed in his store and a rich woman missing from the scene, Sheriff Dove Connely finds himself searching for the killers, a reason and a woman running for her life.

Hostile Witness (first in the Witness Series and now free for Nook readers through Jan 1): Volleyball playing, beach rat of an attorney Josie Bates finds herself defending sixteen year old Hannah against a charge of murder in the death of her step-grandfather, A California Supreme Court justice. To make matters worse, Hannah is being charged as an adult in a death penalty state.

To get Hostile Witness free and to see all my under $5.00 e-books just visit http://www.rebeccaforster.com

Happy New Year! And thanks for this thread!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I JUST finished a new short story called Celebrity Space. Here's the link if anyone's interested in a sci-fi thriller: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940011978678

The cover art is still being worked on
    Celebrity Space - sci-fi short story
    Forbidden Instinct
    - fantasy romance short story
    End Behavior - serial action/spy spoof

Muzik Chronicles - an interactive sci-fi blog

DanaMBurnett

I published my first book, Home Decorating for the Real World, with Create Space and Kindle and I was pleased with the process, but I do have to say that its success was mostly due to a built in audience through my home decor business. This time, I decided to put together a series of short stories that I got published in literary magazines a few years back. I went with Smashwords and Kindle first with the print version coming within the next month. The collection titled Ghost Country: A Novel is available at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34490.

Dana Michelle Burnett

ZackHamric

I just uploaded my thriller to B&N- It has been offered at Amazon for several months and has 12 Five Star reviews...(I'll be happy to get a few reviews on B&N!)

CRESCENT RISING

Ryan Black is living a life most men will never know- filled with high-risk adventure in exotic locales, an authentic hero who willingly confronts head-on the life and death challenges often found in emerging trouble spots around the globe. He is a man who most women find intriguing- yet it is Cassandra, a rare woman possessing a unique combination of inner strength and beauty who dares to enter his life.

This thriller takes you on a desperate mission to prevent a radiological attack on the United States by Jusef al Sudairy. From mysterious crashes of Soviet-era fighters in California to high-tech naval battles in the Atlantic, the action is nonstop in this first volume in the Ryan Black Series.

An Excerpt:

Chapter 1

"If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss, which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing else can approach, it also presents great dangers. It is not the goal of grand alpinism to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of crawling grubs."
    Lionel Terray, 1965

THE WINGS OF THE BALD EAGLE rippled from the rising currents as he knifed through the sky high above the foothills of the Sierra range. Feeling the turbulent air of the thermals boiling off the sun-baked landscape, he instinctively banked into the uplifting arms of the air column and was pulled skyward toward the roof of the world. He was the perfect predator- master of all the territory that lay thousands of feet below. A reflection on the distant East face of Mt. Whitney attracted his attention but for a moment and he resumed his pursuit in the ageless dance of hunter and prey.

About the author: Zack Hamric lives in Sarasota, Fl and when he's not writing his next thriller can be often found in the Gulf sailing his classic sloop Dolce Vita. His next book BLANK SLATE is scheduled for release in November.

div
    Mr. Darcy

Hello,

My debut novel, http://productsearch.barnesandnoble....results.aspx?, is a suspense novel about an alcoholic who relapses following the murder of his girlfriend.

A single glass of whiskey was all it took for Mark Willis to fall back into the hellish pit of alcoholism and the dark, foreboding nightmare that became his life after his girlfriend, Monica, was murdered. She walked down the long hard road of recovery and found her salvation in the hearts and minds of those afflicted as she had once been and where she met Mark and guided him to sobriety, loving him and then trusting him enough to divulge the terrible secrets of her family’s past. But that all ended on a crisp autumn morning in a familiar place with an old friend in his hand.
    Audra Schaeffer, a wealthy, powerful pharmaceutical executive is Monica’s half-sister who harbors a secret of abuse, a secret that only she, her father and now Mark know. A secret so devastating that if revealed would ruin her and her father, Senator Robert Schaeffer, and the dozen or so participants in the brutal games that took place in the basement of the Schaeffer estate. When the police reveal to Mark that Monica’s death may not have been an accident, he reveals to them the only person he knows who may want to harm Monica and why.
    Time in a Bottle reveals the struggle of a man drowning his sorrows and once again his life one glass at a time while his friends struggle to save him and the police struggle to find Monica’s killers before they get to Mark; the only other person who knows the Schaeffer’s terrible secret.

A wonderful 5 star review: Well-written, engaging, and emotional novel

I really enjoyed this book. I was drawn in right at the beginning, and the book held my interest until the very end. I thought it was well-written and the main characters were fairly well-developed. The author was able to pull me in to the emotions of the protagonist. I could almost feel his gut-wrenching sorrow and grief over the death of his girlfriend. His fall back into active alcoholism was sad and disturbing to watch, and it was well-captured by the author. All in all, this was a very good book, very entertaining, kept me engaged, and left me wanting to read more from Christopher Divver.
    The alcohol hit Mark Willis harder than the cab that killed his girlfriend Monica, but Monica was pushed, and now Mark is being chased by more than just another glass.

Time in a Bottle Available at B&N

KatieKlein

Thanks for letting us share!

My new ebook is called THE GUARDIAN, and it's a YA paranormal romance. (Because there aren't enough of those out in the world, right?)

Seventeen-year-old Genesis Green is living anything but a charmed existence. As far back as she can remember, she and her mother have been bouncing from town to town trying to make a better life for themselves.

Late one evening, Genesis and her boyfriend are in a car accident. Carter’s SUV rolls, and Genesis finds herself injured; lying on the pavement. Just before she slips into the darkness, an unfamiliar voice calls out to her: promising everything will be fine.

His name is Seth, and he’s the Guardian assigned to protect her.

Now, strange things are happening: Genesis is having bizarre visions. The biggest surprise comes when she learns that, through these revelations, she has the power to change the outcome—to alter courses.

When the Guardians learn about her gift, they ask her to join forces; to help them. The only thing standing in her way is Seth. To join the Guardians means stepping into the middle of an epic battle between good and evil. Even with supernatural protection, there’s no guarantee that Genesis will ever be safe again.

But before she can choose between the angel she loves and the purpose she’s discovered, the Evil Ones make the choice for her.

Mowgli

Thanks for starting this thread! My latest book is Isle Royale, a Great Lakes lighthouse thriller.

[img height=300]http://johnchamilton.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/9780982845929.jpg[/img]

Shipwrecks, gangsters, and the mother of all storms. Living in a lighthouse can be murder.

Synopsis:
    The year is 1924. The place: Isle Royale, a remote island on Lake Superior. Clarence MacDougal, keeper of Wolf Point Lighthouse, stands ready to guide sailors through treacherous waters.

One storm-tossed night, French-Canadian bootleggers arrive. The gang’s leader is Sean LeBeck, a former lover of Collene MacDougal—the lightkeeper’s wife. LeBeck is determined to rescue Collene from her dreary life and rekindle their old passion, even if it means taking her off the island by force.

The lightkeeper's son, Ian, escapes during the storm, only to stumble upon a hidden cove, home of the last remaining members of the Coast Guard cutter Chippewa. A dark secret forced the crew to banish themselves. Now, given one last chance at redemption, the ancient mariners set out on stormy Lake Superior in a desperate attempt to save the day.

Isle Royale is approximately 72,000 words.

Click here to order for the Nook, just $2.99!

wonderful thread opportunity; thank you

I have 2 on at the moment.

Anomaly:
    J thinks his biggest concern is staying clean until he realizes he's about to suffer a more troublesome gender relapse. Anomaly has a 4 star review on BN.com. Check out the free sample.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ano...2940011157271/

Review snip: "Very readable and thought-provoking, this book delves into an area not often approached in literature, and does it very nicely"

One Insular Tahiti
    Luke MacIsaac is dead but not restfully dead. What he needs is to find a way out of the watery afterlife that swamps him with half remembered horrors of a past so vivid he could be reliving it.

He can't let this happen.

no ratings yet
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/One...1155062/?itm=2
    Thea Atkinson has been an editor, a freelancer, and a teacher, but fiction is her passion. She now blogs and writes and twitters. Not necessarily in that order.

Please visit her blog for ramblings, guest posts, giveaways, and more
    http://theaatkinson.wordpress.com

or follow her on twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/theaatkinson

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast