Did you publish an Ebook? Share it here

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Kigerwolff

Default Did you publish an Ebook? Share it here

If my current novella falls through with a publisher or an agent (I really hope it doesn't) I'll be giving my chances over to the Pubit for all the nook readers.

As such, I'd like to make this thread to all of you and myself to just give a brief 5-10 sentance summary of your titles you're putting on Pubit as well as any reviews by other people's self published works.

let's make this a team effort and support one another as this is something that we all love doing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

Default Re: Did you publish an Ebook? Share it here

Here's mine:

XENOLITH (contemporary fantasy)

"Lassoed, knocked down, face planted in the dirt -- best thing to happen to Frank Bowen in years. When wife Liz went missing in the wilds of Belize, the constables of San Ignacio could find no trace. Years later, on a pilgrimage to her remote 'grave,' Frank is abducted and whisked away to a place he can't identify, by people whose motives and origins baffle him. Could this be what happened to Liz?"

REVIEW (Amazon) - ****
    "Tight writing (especially at the start) and a particularly strong sense of place drew me into this story. Frank's strength of character, despite his heart problems, carried me through to the end. Multiple plotlines and points of view keep the interest high, moving the story forward at all times.

I only have one quibble and it's minor. Because I was most vested in Frank's storyline and finding out what happened to his wife, the ending was left a bit too much up in the air for me. I wanted to know more! With a sequel in the wings, I realise this was probably intentional. Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable read."
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Xenolith/A-Sparrow/e/2940000720554/?itm=1&USRI=xenolith

XENOLITH
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612
    PEREGRIN (Sequel to XENOLITH)
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20932
    LETHE (afterlife fantasy)
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15436

Tom Sawyer

If you love stories in which a heart-stopping discovery changes everything for an ordinary teen, the Powerless series will be one you won't want to miss. But instead of finding something wonderful, Mira Ipswich learns she's living in a world where everyone has a magical ability, everyone except herself. Accompany this naïve, headstrong girl as she attempts to understand her inconceivable condition, fit in with a vibrant batch of peers, and explore the world around her she never knew was there.

And here's a little bit from Heidi Sutherlin, a reviewer: "Perhaps the most intriguing aspect of this story is it's gender neutral premise. Gender truly does not factor into the success or failure of these young people. They rely on their powers, their wit and their understanding of each other to battle and maneuver their way to the top of the class. Even so, Letts still manages to highlight the awkward, and often touching moments that each gender experiences during the process of becoming an adult. I would highly recommend this book to any person who enjoys a tale well told. The wit, the foibles, the very real danger and the charming awkwardness of the young are all mixed together quite elegantly to create a story that will easily appeal to readers of all ages, from the very young to the young at heart."

Find them on Barnesandnoble.com here:
    Powerless: The Synthesis
    Powerless: The Shadowing

I hope you enjoy it!
    --Jason
    http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...uspense125.jpg
    My Nook Books: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/jason-letts

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Benjamin Button

I had issues with my publisher, which is why I went indie with my work. I have six stories currently available at BN.com, along with the one story that I left with the publisher.

We finished out discussing STARFIRE ANGELS in the book clubs here last month, but for those interested, you'll find it an active place yet. I welcome any additional discussions. In a couple months, we'll be unofficially book clubbing BROKEN WINGS, the second in the series. The prequel novella, WHEN ANGELS CRY, was also discussed in the book club in the month prior to STARFIRE ANGELS.

I also have an epic fantasy series, LEGEND OF THE WHITE DRAGON. The first two books are available through smashwords but the last book and the omnibus will be published to BN directly through PubIt, along with another book in the same world, FIREBLOOD. So far, you can find Book 1, LEGENDS, and Book 2, LEGACIES, on BN.com.

Puck

I've never tried the traditional route, but I'm very happy with how self-publishing is going for me, especially on Barnes & Noble.

Sentence of Marriage.

In 19th Century New Zealand, there are few choices for a farm girl like Amy. Her life seems mapped out for her by the time she is twelve. Amy dreams of an exciting life in the world beyond her narrow boundaries. But two people who come to the farm from outside the valley change her life forever, and Amy learns the high cost of making the wrong choice.

This is the first book in the three-volume series "Promises to Keep". It's available as a free download at various sites, including Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
    Author of historical novels set in New Zealand.

Sentence of Marriage Free NOOKbook.

My blog: http://shayneparkinson.blogspot.com/

Oliver

Hello all! I just used PubIt! for my YA fantasy adventure THE SEVENTH BLESSING.

Here's my "pitch."

When Samantha, Princess of Mittra, discovers the fairy gifts she was blessed with are a lie, she must seek out her true gifts.

On the continent of Gymandrol reside both humans and fairies but in separate kingdoms. A young fairy named Dagan discovers his magical ability and the force of that discovery rocks both the human and fairy worlds. Years later, Samantha, Princess of Mittra, discovers on her eighteenth birthday that the fairy gifts she was blessed with at birth are actually a cover up for a blunder made by two feuding fairies, she seeks out the meaning of her true gifts. THE SEVENTH BLESSING follows Sam’s discovery as to who she really is while learning to use her “boyish” blessings wisely. Sam uses her true blessings to help a friend in need which leads to her secretly entering the competition circuit of a knight, disguising her princess identity using fairy magic. Her feisty spirit and sharp tongue create problems when she becomes reintroduced to Nolan, Prince of Lagola, her archenemy from childhood, who is also on the tournament circuit. Samantha and Nolan discover the evil fairy, Dagan, still lives and must battle him in an ultimate test of bravery and skill.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Seventh-Blessing/Melissa-Buell/e/2940011835018/?itm=1&USRI=seventh+blessing
    Melissa Buell, 'Author of THE SEVENTH BLESSING.'
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Seventh-Blessing/Melissa-Buell/e/2940011151798/?itm=2&USRI=melissa+buell

Mad Hatter

@ MelissaBuell: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I've published more than one, but only one have I uploaded to Pubit! the other two are on B&N through Smashwords.

The Usurper

Ever wonder what would happen if our worst fears were realized, and we elected someone who was willing to destroy the USA, even if he was destroyed himself? The Usurper is that novel. It is a fictional account of wh...at would happen if the Soviet Union and KGB were given the chance to take down the United States from within using various methods at their disposal.

The USSR embarks on a plan to destroy the US from within, using the American political structure, and education system at first, but, starts backing any terrorist organization who has a beef with the USA, after they see how terrorism is an effective tool to use. Eventually, Al Qaeda fills the power vacuum left by the meltdown of the USSR, and they help the Soviets' inside man to completely destroy the US. A small group of resistance, led by a survivor of Flight 93, tries to bring down the now terrorist backed President of the US.

This novel takes you on a voyage from mentions about the 1972 Olympics and the terrorist threat there, to the Iranian Revolution, to the TWA hijacking in the late 1980's, to the first World Trade Center bombing, through Waco and Oklahoma City, and the 9/11/01 attacks. Discover what would happen if they were all linked, with the ultimate goal being the total collapse of the United States of America.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Usu...2429205/?itm=1.
    Author of the 7 novel and 2 short story Christian fiction series, The End Times Saga.
    Author site: http://cliffball.net
    My novels on the Nook
    Twitter: @cliff_ball
    Facebook

Tom Sawyer

hmmm i have not published it yet

Mr. Darcy

Thanks so much for starting this thread!

TEMPEST
    By Holly A. Hook

Sixteen-year-old Janelle never thought the gray spiral birthmark on her arm meant anything special. That is, until she meets Gary, a boy her age with a birthmark exactly like hers. Gary’s attractive, brooding, and perfectly normal…except for the fact that he materialized out of a dangerous hurricane right in front of her. Janelle’s certain of only one thing. Gary’s mark—and hers, too—mean something, but he’s reluctant to tell her what.

At last she squeezes the truth from Gary about their markings. And the truth is utterly terrifying: Janelle and Gary are more connected to the destructive power of nature than she ever dreamed possible. And learning the truth about herself is only the start of her nightmare.

TEMPEST is a 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards Semifinalist!

You can check it out HERE on Barnes and Noble!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast