J.R. Ward?? House of Night?

Tati

Default J.R. Ward?? House of Night?

I want to start reading a series and im into all the vampir stuff. Ive heard the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series is great. Any actual direct feedback i can get , is it worth reading or should i read the new "fallen angels" series? Ive also hear the House of Night series is good as well?

Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: J.R. Ward?? House of Night?

Hi Tati,
    I love the BDB series. Honestly some books are better than others, but for me that has had to do with more of the romance side and how she handled some characters when it was their turn to be in the forefront. Even for the books that are my least favorite I really enjoyed because the sub-plots that stretches through the series is really good. I think Ward did a great job of world building even from the first book. The first book is good, but this is a series I grew to love the more I read of it.

The Fallen Angels series by Ward is connected to the BDB series (loosely) some of the same secondary characters appear in both.

I haven't read the other series you mentioned. Sorry.
    ~CeCe

Tati

THANKS!! that was extremely helpful... im definitely going to have to read them

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I enjoyed the House of Night books. I started reading them because when I first got my Nook, Marked was free. I have to say I enjoyed the series, even though it is said to be marketed towards teens/young adults. I am not sure about the other two series you mentioned, I have never read those. But if they are Vampire series, I might have to check them out. I have been addicted to Vampires since Anne Rice's series. Hands down she has the best Vampire series, even though I enjoy a lot of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by petallotus
    I am not sure about the other two series you mentioned, I have never read those. But if they are Vampire series, I might have to check them out. I have been addicted to Vampires since Anne Rice's series. Hands down she has the best Vampire series, even though I enjoy a lot of the others.
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a Vampire series in the paranormal/urban fantasy romance genere. It's a slightly different take on the vampire story than I've read before, although I'll admit I haven't read them all. Its's not light and fluffly like twilight (which I did like by the way). J. R. Ward has really set up a whole vampire society within and yet apart from the main stream society.
    ~CeCe

Mr. Darcy

Thanks, looks like I am going to have to check these out.

Tiny Tim

I'll put in a vote for House of Night too. If you like the adult route and have read the Southern Vampire series (Sookie Stackhouse - True Blood) then give MaryJanice Davidson a try too, her Queen Betsy series (Undead and Unwed is book #1) is quite good!
    www.facebook.com/pages/SL-Baum-Author-The-Immortal-Ones-Series/129575477098126?ref=sgm

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=2940011943430

www.slbaum.com

d'Artagnan

Another huge BDB fan here! I love that series! I am really looking forward to the next one after the preview in Covet that I read!

Oliver

I really enjoyed BDB although it had a little too much sex for me, but I just skipped over it after awhile. Loved House of Night a little crude in places but it wont phase most adults.

Tom Sawyer

I really like BDB. The Fallen Angels series is good but not as good IMO.

Initially I liked the House of Night series but as it's gone on I find it too weird for me and have stopped reading. Same with the Vampire Diaries - the first few were pretty good but then it got super strange. The show is much better than the books.

The Southern Vampire (Sookie Stackhouse) series is fantastic. Different enough from the show True Blood that neither one really spoils the other IMO.

I recently got into Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series which has been good so far.

I think that Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series is a good read too.