FLP versus Fairfax County Library

Tom Sawyer

Default FLP versus Fairfax County Library

I have just received the Fairfax County card which actually took longer then the FLP. I am sad to see that Fairfax has way fewer suspense books, and most if not all are available at FLP.

For someone trying to decide which library to join, I would advise joining one and seeing how many of your genre are available. At renewal time, I will not renew both cards (unless of course, there are huge changes in the next year.) (**fingers crossed**)

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: FLP versus Fairfax County Library

Better yet, check the availability of books you're interested in BEFORE you apply for a card. You don't have to have an account just to browse & see what's available.

The good news is it seems that new books are being added pretty often. You can sort by "date added to site" to see what's recently been added. I have a ridiculously long list of books on my wish list for FLP and the FL library I use. And now I've found another (Air Force) library I can access (as soon as I drop by the library to get an account established). So many books, so little time....
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Default Re: FLP versus Fairfax County Library

I'm not a fan of Fairfax's selections, they don't have much at all and a lot of what they do have is WMA. I really need to get my butt into DC and pick up theirs, as well as send in my $15 to Philly. I currently use my friend's Baltimore County membership as well, but they only have a 14-day checkout...