Inspiration books are they of interest for nook users?

Oliver

Default Inspiration books are they of interest for nook users?

I've been researching and it seems as though us Nook readers and kindle readers like fiction books versus inspirational or meditation. Why is that?? I'd love to hear your feedback....

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Inspiration books are they of interest for nook users?

Quote Originally Posted by Pervis3
    I've been researching and it seems as though us Nook readers and kindle readers like fiction books versus inspirational or meditation. Why is that?? I'd love to hear your feedback....
    I think for me, I like Paranormal/fantacy books because I enjoy losing myself in unreal worlds. it's fun. it's not everyday life. it's something that could never happen, but wouldn't it be awesome if it did? lol. I have enough inspiration in my life, books are my escape, I want to love what I read
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Oliver

Ok I can respect that. I thank you for giving me a different perspective...

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I read a wide variety of books. I like fiction a lot though because it is pure escapism for me. I like mostly sci-fi and mysteries but I delve into other things. I also do read inspirational type books if something appeals to me. I'm a Christian by faith but am currently reading "Living With The Himalayan Masters", which explores things from more of a Hindu perspective. It was last weeks free book from B&N and is probably still available. I'm also working my way through John MacArthur's commentary on the book of Romans. I think there are quite a few people who read inspirational type of books but I imagine the majority of folks read either fiction or history/biography type books on their nooks.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

I have a job that requires me to write technically and read technical documents, so like the other poster I read fiction to be taken away to another world. With that said, this thread caught my attention because I was on BN searching for a "How to" book on meditation (I swear, just 3 mins ago!!). I've never done it, but I feel I NEED to. Can't explain it, but that's where I'm at right now. I ran across a book that I put in my wish list, but I plan to continue searching. Feel free PLEASE to make recommendations if you have any.

Tom Sawyer

I'm also a Christian and do read "inspirational" books on my nook--mostly my Archaeological Study Bible, some C. S. Lewis, Philip Yancey, Thomas a Kempis, and other authors. I also read other non-fiction and lots of fiction. I admit to mostly reading fun stuff.

Tiny Tim

I am always searching for Christian/Inspirational/clean books. Looking forward to seeing suggestions others may have. Kevin, where did you get the John Macarthur commentary? Dh has quite a few of his books. I'd love to have some on my Nook.

Quote Originally Posted by nanad
    I am always searching for Christian/Inspirational/clean books. Looking forward to seeing suggestions others may have. Kevin, where did you get the John Macarthur commentary? Dh has quite a few of his books. I'd love to have some on my Nook.
    I purchased it from Barnes and Noble as they have almost every volume of his commentaries and also his books for download. Just do a search under his name. Also you might check Christianbooks.com as they now have an ebook section and perhaps their price will be lower.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

I don't think it's specific to Kindle/Nook users. It's more on the lines that inspirational books have a small market share overall than fiction. When you go to the bookstore, you can see this played out. Rows and rows of fiction, and one bookcase of an assortment of religion books, amongst them inspirational books.