Indie Authors??? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Indie Authors???

I think the lines between Independent Authors and "traditional authors" is becoming more and more blurred. More and more independent authors are outselling "tradionally" published authors and the reader has more than ever to choose from.

I would suggest that you just browse for books in your favorite genres and go with whatever sounds good. Read a free sample if offered.

I am an Indie Author, but I am also a reader and I love discovering new authors - no matter how they are published.

Happy reading!

Cheryl Shireman
    Life is But a Dream
    Cheryl Shireman
    author of Life is But a Dream &
    Broken Resolutions

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

I really enjoyed "The Translated Man" by Chris Braak. I don't know if it's on the Nook yet, though.

Here's my 4-star review of the book:

A Great Read if a Bit Rough Around the Edges

The Translated Man is a lot of fun to read. I've been describing it to my friends as a Lovecraftian steampunk Dark Victorian crime story.

The setting and the situations of the novel are the reason to read this novel. They're incredible. Sometimes the writing is a bit uneven, and you probably shouldn't squint too hard at the plot, but there is a lot to enjoy about this novel: the city of Trowth and its Architecture Wars, the sharpsies and the trolljrmen, phlogiston and Aetheric geometry, Reanimates and Mr. Stitch, and more. It's well worth the read.

I'm looking forward to reading other books and stories by Chris Braak. I want to see what he comes up with.

-David
    David Michael

Author of The Summoning Fire (Horror/Urban fantasy) and The Girl Who Ran With Horses (YA Contemporary Fantasy)

Mr. Darcy

I love that there are so many MORE books available to the reader due to the Indie movement.

It is a win/win for reader AND writers!

Cheryl Shireman
    author of Life is But a Dream &
    Broken Resolutions

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

You could also try websites like these

http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/index.html

http://indieauthorsunite.weebly.com/index.html

They have lists of indie authors and their books in all genre's. Often times with excerpts and reviews of the books. They also have contests and give away's for the readers.
    I write because I must. It's not a choice, or a pass time, it's an unyielding calling and my passion.

Forever Mine- (The Moreno Brothers #1)

Mr. Darcy

Hi! So glad you are wanting to support Indie authors.

There are some great Indie writers out there right now. Victorine Leiske is one of them, with her novel Not What She Seems. I haven't read it, but I hear it's well written.

Author of THE DEVICE 'Captivating!' 4 Stars

Puck

If I could mention a book by a friend of mine that I think you might like. Remix, by Lexi Revellian, has been very, very popular in the UK and looks to be gaining some readers here in the US. It is a pageturning mystery/thriller with a strong female protagonist and some really well drawn secondary characters.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Rem...lexi+revellian
    Best,
    Alan Hutcheson
    author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

Boomerang at Barnes and Noble

I have a list of books I have reviewed, mostly speculative fiction, and predominately indie authors. This is the link to my reviews posted at Goodreads.
    Bards and Sages Publishing
    Everything from Angels to Zombies since 2002
    Publisher of Speculative Fiction and Roleplaying Games

Mr. Darcy

If you're interested in Literary Fiction, I highly recommend Kafka's House by Gabriela Popa. It is beautifully written.

~Sometimes the anti-hero is the only hero you can find.

Cameo the Assassin: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Cameo-the-Assassin/Dawn-McCullough-White/e/2940011924095/?itm=2&USRI=cameo+and+the+highwayman

Cameo and the Highwayman: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Cameo-and-the-Highwayman/Dawn-M

Oliver

I would love to offer my book as an option, if that's okay. My book Black Diamond Death just posted today. It's a cozy mystery starting out at .99 - here are a few details, and thanks so much for considering it.

"IN A PANIC I GASPED FOR AIR, BUT THERE WASN'T ANY. I TRIED TO CRY OUT, BUT I WAS ALONE, AND IN MY HYSTERIA IT HIT ME. I HAD FELT A SIMILAR FEELING BEFORE--LIKE MY BODY WAS GIVING OUT ON ME, AND I KNEW WHAT IT MEANT. I WAS DYING."

Enter the world of Sloane Monroe in Black Diamond Death...

A SKIER CRASHES

On the slopes of Park City, Utah's newest ski resort a woman is found dead. At first glance, it has all the makings of an accident. The victim, Charlotte Halliwell, collided with a tree as she schussed her way to the bottom of the hill. But what if her death wasn't an accident at all--what if she was murdered?

A SISTER IS ON A MISSION

In Black Diamond Death, Audrey Halliwell faces a problem: finding someone who believes her story.

Enter Private Investigator Sloane Monroe.

When Audrey marches into Sloane's office with claims her sister's death was no accident Sloane is skeptical at first, but agrees to take the case. With little to go on, she questions the people in Charlotte's life and discovers Parker Stanton, a jilted ex-fiancé with plenty to hide, and as the son of a prominent businessman, he will go to any lengths to protect his secrets.

A SECOND BODY IS FOUND

Just as Sloane feels she's close to solving the case she stumbles on another dead body and is forced to re-examine the clues from the beginning, but she must tread lightly. With the killer aware that Sloane will stop at nothing to find him, her life is in danger and her every move is being tracked. Will Sloane uncover the truth before he strikes again?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cherylbradshaw.com
    unearththeclues.blogspot.com (blog for writers)

Oliver

I haven't really tried purchasing books from indie authors but AFAIK they're much better than other novels sold in bookshops. A friend of mine suggested Jasmine Giacomos' fantasy series. I`m loving them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast