Indie Authors??? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mowgli

Default Re: Indie Authors???

Two of my favorite indie reads recently were Debbi Mack's LEAST WANTED (mystery) and Joel Arnold's BAIT AND OTHER STORIES (horror short stories).
    Simon Wood
    Author of Paying the Piper, We All Fall Down, Working Stiffs, The Scrubs, Road Rash, Asking for Trouble & Terminated available for the Nook & from Smashwords
    Learn more at http://www.simonwood.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

*waves*
    You could read my book; I'm an indie author and it's on sale for 99 cents for the rest of March. It's called Running from Secrets.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Run...g+from+secrets

Stephanie Void
    author of *Running from Secrets*

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Running-from-Secrets/Stephanie-Void/e/2940012210487/?itm=1&USRI=running+from+secrets

www.stephanievoid.com

Mowgli

According to your tastes:

HP Mallory
    LJ Sellers
    Maria Schneider
    Karen Cantwell
    Heather Killough-Walden - haven't read her but was recommended

You might also like my funny, cozy mystery featuring a young woman raised by witches, OPAL FIRE.
    Barbra Annino - OPAL FIRE
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Opal-Fire/Barbra-Annino/e/2940012674456/?itm=1 -
    'This book had me laughing one minute and guessing the next. The end was truly surprising and unexpected!' -Melanie's Book Addiction

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

I am an indie author but I am also a reader.

I recommend The Portal Chronicles by Imogen Rose. There are 3 books so far in this series and they are all excellent reads. They are YA. I have read all 3 of these books and enjoyed them even though I am much older than 'young adult'.

Kristie Leigh Maguire
    Author of You've Got Mail from Japan, Second Chances, Desert Heat: Affairs of the Heart Book 1, Cabin Fever: Affairs of the Heart Book 2, and No Lady and Her Tramp.

*Kristie writes in a way that you want to follow every word – the sign of a true storyteller. -- Romance Junkies*

From your tastes, I think you might like my new short story collection, Fun Tales of Fantasy and the Future: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fun...and+the+future

I'm not so sure you'd like my first published novel, Expert Assistance; the new edition is self-published. You might like my second, Lisa's Way, but it's going to disappear for a bit while I change from the original publisher to self-pub.

I'm glad you're willing to support indie authors, and I hope you find lots of good reading material. And, whatever books you end up downloading, reading, and enjoying, don't forget to post reviews. Letting others know you liked a book is just as helpful as buying it.

I host a blog called Cheap Thrills that reviews science fiction, fantasy, and horror e-books under $4.99. I haven't always reviewed indie authors, but I'm heading more in that direction. Stop by if you're interested!
    Straight to **** (Book one in the Lilith Straight series) The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a longtime family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse, and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and **** heats up just a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumboz
    If I could mention a book by a friend of mine that I think you might like. Remix, by Lexi Revellian, has been very, very popular in the UK and looks to be gaining some readers here in the US. It is a pageturning mystery/thriller with a strong female protagonist and some really well drawn secondary characters.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Rem...lexi+revellian
    What a funny coincidence!! I've just joined the Nookboards today and this is my first post but lookee there, I stumble upon a familiar name. I'm also an author member of the Harper Collins web site, Authonomy, where readers, writers, and publishing professionals mingle--and where Lexi posted her book before it came out. I remember it. I think it was in 2008 I saw it posted for critiques. I just got back to Authonomy last winter, after a short time away, and I noticed Lexi's either gone or just gone quiet so it's nice to know what happened to her! So glad to hear she's gotten a good reception in the UK market. Her book was a fairly good read needing only a little bit of tweaking back in 2008. I'm sure, now that it's published, she's polished it to a fine shine.

-sry
    Follow me on Twitter @webbiegrrl
    Follow me on Google+ http://gplus.to/webbiegrrl
    Follow my Webbiegrrl's Writings blog (published 4 times a week):
    http://webbiegrrl.blogspot.com/

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Shireman
    I would suggest that you just browse for books in your favorite genres and go with whatever sounds good. Read a free sample if offered.

I am an Indie Author, but I am also a reader and I love discovering new authors - no matter how they are published.
    Great advice!

Miriam Minger
    'Miriam Minger is a master storyteller who illustrates the full gamut of emotions felt by her characters, emotions so strong that you are pulled into the pages and into their lives.'-Inside Romance
    Nook

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflywishes
    The first indie book I read was Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder, and it's still my favorite. There is also a sequel (and I'm not sure but I think a third one is coming out??) I think you will enjoy it, it's got a little bit of everything and it's very believable.

And did I mention it's FREE?? Can't beat that! VERY good read!
    Fireflywishes, you just made my day :-) Yes, a third one is coming out (hopefully by the end of this year). I'm so glad you enjoyed Soul Identity.

Mr. Darcy

They say that J.L. McPherson fellow is pretty good...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast