Has anyone read Bossypants yet?

Tiny Tim

Default Has anyone read Bossypants yet?

I just finished Bossypants and thought it was really good. I would've liked to know more details about her time on SNL but maybe she will write another. It's even better, to me, if I have her voice in my head reading the text.
    S.L. Pierce author of Secrets

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Has anyone read Bossypants yet?

I read the a sample which I guess might have been the first chapter. It briefly mentioned "the scar" and how she got it but more so how she felt about it and used it to her advantage growing up. What I read was very readable and funny. I don't usually read autobiographies. I think the last and one of the few I've read is the one Ellen DeGeneres wrote which I remember being kind of funny. I love Tina Fey and might have to read this one.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?'. Douglas Adams

'No two persons ever read the same book.' Edmund Wilson

Tom Sawyer

I downloaded the sample, and it was pretty funny. I don't usually buy autobiographies either, so I went into B&N the other to day to read it in-store. The hour that I read was entertaining.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Hi everyone, my friend jimmy had read this 'Bossypants' by Tina Fey, he told me that it is is funny and heartfelt.So today i am going to purchase it and read this.

Puck

Haven't read it yet, but Tina Fey's interview promoting it was funny, so I can't wait to check it out.

All I've read is an excerpt which was a prayer for her daughter. A friend posted it on FB, and it made me laugh and cry at the same time. I can't wait to read the entire thing.

(All I can say is...Mother's Day is coming up...)
    Straight to **** (Book one in the Lilith Straight series) The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a longtime family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse, and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and **** heats up just a little more.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by mscott998t
    All I've read is an excerpt which was a prayer for her daughter. A friend posted it on FB, and it made me laugh and cry at the same time. I can't wait to read the entire thing.

(All I can say is...Mother's Day is coming up...)
    It would be interesting to see if any of that prayer comes through in the next few decades or so.