Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Dragonlance Chronicles by Weis and Hickman. I bough the paperpacks when they sold for $1.99...remember those days???

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

I took advantage of an in store deal for Patterson books the other day. My kids school was having a fund raiser at BN so I was going to spend money any way. The deal was to buy the hardcover 'kill alex cross', get an ebook and then get a free ebook (all by Patterson). With my membership discount and all of the deals I got three Patterson books (two ebooks) for about $7 per book. Not a bad deal. I just finished 'merry christmas alex' which was the free ebook. It was very good, as expected

Tom Sawyer

Reading The White Devil by Justin Evans. Great book, as is A Good And Happy Child, also by him. Oddly enough, after reading A Good and Happy Child, and buying The White Devil, I found out that I know the author (our kids have been in the same class for 5 years now). Great books and, it turns out, The White Devil will be on Stephen King's Best of 2011 list.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. A very creative and well-written novel with the movie rights sold to Tim Burton. It should make a very peculiar film if done by him!

Oliver

I'm reading The Will To Climb by Ed Viesturs

Tiny Tim

I'm reading One Deadly Sister by Sandy Reid. It was a free book. Every free book that I've read I've liked, so hopefully I'll like this one, too. It's been slow going though because of Christmas coming with shopping, wrapping; busy, busy...

Lee

Oliver

Finished the Percy Jackson series a little while ago, awesome books. Working on the Heros of Olympus: Son of Neptune, Cant wait for next fall for the Mark of Athena.

Puck

Currently reading The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel. It's been a long wait for the 6th book and it seems a little slower paced but I'm enjoying it none the less.

Just finished "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini a few days ago ... still trying not to dwell on hunting the author down and murdering him for ending the series in both a horrible and perfect way.

Started "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I'd never even HEARD of her books until I went with my wife to see the latest "necrophiliac teenager falls in love with sparkly pedophile vampire" movie and saw a preview for the upcoming film.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebee View Post
    Stephen King freak here. Just finishing The Wolves of Calla, again. Probably starting IT after I'm done. When I get my NC, I'll be dumping about 175 books into it from my other tablet.
    I'm with you Weebee! I am a huge Stephen King fan. I just finished reading The Stand again. I have lost count of how many times I've read that book, and I never get tired of it.

Darth Vex, I noticed you said you started reading The Hunger Games. It's funny, because I found out about them the same way you did, from my wife (though without the sparkly vampire part)!! I just finished reading all 3 books, and I have to say they were good. I got caught up in it and I wasn't expecting to. It's really fast-paced, which I like
    Last edited by jwest; 12-27-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    The God King - apocalyptic heroic fantasy novel

The website - http://jamesawest.net/
    The blog - http://jamesawest.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast