Indie authors on nook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nkt
    Tiny Tim

Default Indie authors on nook

Hey, do y'all know of great places to find indie author's stuff on nook? It seems BN really only promotes the big guys. I imagine there are tons of websites focusing on indie authors. What are some of the best?

Thanks!
    --
    Nicholas K Tulach
    Hammer & Birch / SkySpark Books
    Purveyor of fine, independently published books
    @hammerbirch
    @skysparkbooks

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Being an Indie author myself, it can be tough to get the word out on a big site like Barnes and Noble. A lot of us have our own websites. Mine is here. But there are some great indie blogs. Some personal favorites of mine are Indie Author News and the Indie Bookblog Database.

Oliver

Default Where to find indie's who publish on NOOK

Hi. I know that can be hard, but many of us hang out at kindleboards.com in the Writers' Cafe. Readers are welcome there and it's a great place to meet indie authors and find some fabulous books. Don't let the name make you think our work is only for kindle. Most of us also publish for NOOK and other places as well. Please come say hi!

I go by the same name over there, which is my real name and my author name. Thanks for your interest in indies!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Yes, a lot of the features on B&N, like the 'newest books' and 'books under $x' seem to prominently feature mostly traditionally published books.

Tom Sawyer

Also an indie author, and I agree it's a problem. Barnes and Noble promotes the big guys, and the indie books get buried on the site. I understand why they do this, but I wonder if we couldn't get them to provide some sort of feature and function to find the overlooked books. Personally, I love to discover a hidden gem.

Oliver

I'm not an author, but I love finding a good indie book. Kindleboards is very cool. Also you will find a lot of indie authors that do blog tours so you can find out about them and usually have a chance to win their book in contests. I have a couple of personal favorites so depending on your preferred genre you can check them out. Absolute favorite - Elfhunter by C.S. Marks, its a fantastic fantasy/adventure.

Oliver

I see you are you on Twitter, Nicholas. There are plenty of indie authors on there. I can recommend a few, such as Russell Blake (@BlakeBooks) and Seb Kirby (@Seb_Kirby). I myself am an indie and have a free book available on B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gray...=2940011423024 It's doing very well on Amazon (been the #1 free book for 6 out of the last 7 weeks) and the reviews are starting to come in on B&N, too.

Grab a copy if you like :-)

Nook Boards has started an author nook where we can all post our books! And you can find them there! Woo hoo! Win-win. I came over here just on hearing that great news.
    How I Got Him To Marry Me: 50 True Stories
    He likes it. Now get him to put a ring on it!
    Learn from these 50 true stories of women who have been there.

Congrats Jambalian on your #1 free book status for so many weeks. I, too, am an indie author and have two books available on Kindle: The Simplicity of the Biblical Sanctuary and The Adversity Slayer.

I've not offered either for free as yet; I'm not sure that I see the writer's advantage in it. It's a great way to sell Nooks and Kindles, but I'm not convinced that it will help me to make any money, if you know what I mean :-).

However, I shall definitely grab a copy of yours for myself and follow you on Twitter or Facebook, so please accept my invitations when I extend them. Also, what would you say contributed to your prestigious placement status of #1? When will you finally start charging for the book? and do you have any suggestions for those of us who are just beginning to promote their material.

Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to share.

I'm an indie author as well and I've been working on Amazon for about nine months. I have just recently uploaded my first two titles to the Nook and upon exploring the B& N site I noticed the same thing...every category, every search, no matter what I typed in it seemed only titles put out by traditional publishers came up. I suspect this is because of co-op advertising just like in B&N stores...they are paid by certain publishers to place certain titles front and center. Rather discouraging really since I'm so used to Amazon...which features whatever book it thinks you're most likely to buy regardless of who published it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast