Recommend a Good Book?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Default Recommend a Good Book?

Today I posted a book recommendation on the blog here. Since the nook is really about reading, I would like to include some of that here and there too!! I think I am going to make that a weekly feature on the blog, so be sure to check it out every so often!

If you have any books you can recommend, please feel free to add them in this post as you think of them, I would love to be able to post some recommendations from board members on the blog as well. Especially since I only read a few genres and I am sure you guys can recommend some books in other genres! Feel free to add as many as you would like!! Don’t worry about linking, I will go back and do that for you later so everyone can see exactly what you are suggesting.

Though I would prefer digital books, I know some of our favorite reads are still only in DT form, so feel free to suggest either.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Recommend a Good Book?

Delete this post if it's not appropriate. As no guidelines about posting Kindle only books are set that I know of, I'm gonna post this and hope it's allowed, and hope that Brad (I don't know him except for a few posts to him on Amazon's K boards) gets his book in Nook format asap .

Currently I'm reading Brad Marlowe's Sleepwalker: The Last Sandman <--Click the link to see a description and some reviews. I'm only 15% into the book, but I'm reeeeally liking it.

Recently I read Rick Yancey's The Monstrumologist This link is to the hardcover edition(changed link to b&N digital for ya ), and as terrific as I thought the book was, when they get over $5 or $6 (I'm cheap tho -$9.99 is reasonable, imho, for new bestsellers) I'd look in the library. This was, at one time, a free K download, and I'm SOOO glad I grabbed it. It was one of the most scary, gory, suspenseful books I've ever read. I was about 1/2way through this book when I found out it's considered a book for teens. What?? No way! Apparently, yes way. If I had kids, I wouldn't want them reading this book! But for me, a scare and gore addicted adult, it was a fantastic read.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    Delete this post if it's not appropriate. As no guidelines about posting Kindle only books are set that I know of, I'm gonna post this and hope it's allowed, and hope that Brad (I don't know him except for a few posts to him on Amazon's K boards) gets his book in Nook format asap .
    I'm not gonna put guidelines on that here yet since all we all have is a Kindle (or Sony), if we have an eReader at all! I think once the nook comes out and gets really popular, people will be more encouraged to move their self-published titles there as well. Thanks for your great recommendations!!

Rachel

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

As I mentioned in another thread I've been re-reading Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern novels. Great fun!

I've also been getting reacquainted with Dean Koontz, who I like better than Steven King.

I've also been looking for reasonably priced digital editions of Edward Gibbon's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. So far the best price I've found has been from fictionwise.com at about $3 a volume. Ereaders are perfect for reading these kinds of books, I think.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Also been reading Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and The Gray Mouser series. I've kind of been re-living my childhood reading lately. Heh.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    Also been reading Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and The Gray Mouser series. I've kind of been re-living my childhood reading lately. Heh.

Regards,
    Michael
    Hey we all gotta do that!! That's what makes reading so great!! I noticed that Barnes & Noble actually has these books slightly cheaper then fictionwise if you want to check them out there: Fritz Leiber books

Thanks for the great suggestions!!
    Rachel

I had not noticed that price difference. Good to know that B&N prices are competitive with themselves!

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    Good to know that B&N prices are competitive with themselves!
    Hehe, yeah!!

Rachel

Dean Koontz! Yay! Just finished Odd Thomas, and Forever Odd. Now I shall have to walk to paperback library to find the rest. -sigh- Anyway, good book: John Grisham's The Street Lawyer. I'd suggest Hitchhikers Guide, seeing how the 6th of 3 just came out, but maybe not.

Cheers,
    Ben

Administrator

Put this week's recommendation on the blog! BlogThanks Cat for yours, and I look forward to recommending books from other members, so keep them coming!

Rachel

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast