Error Message since new patch 1.4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    seabree2e

Default Error Message since new patch 1.4

My Nook automatically updated the new patch last week. When it was done, all my ebooks were gone as well as the story I was reading. It asked me to register, like it was the first time I ever turned it on. So I did.. and got this Error message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in query at index 94: https://cart4.barnesandnoble.com/services/service.
    aspx?sourceID=P001000016&service=1&devID=Not available

I have turned it off..then back on... I have unregistered and tried to re-register... i have taken out battery and placed back in again... and I still get the error message when I try to register the nook with my existing B&N account info.

Yes, I have sent a support ticket to B&N and got a reply stating:

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:30:44 -0400
    Subject: Re: Customer Service Mail (KMM26642693V84984L0KM)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us.
    Barnes & Noble is aware that there are a small number of NOOK customers experiencing intermittent issues. We are working on this and expect for it to be addressed shortly. All previously downloaded content to NOOK should be accessible. If you?re unable to download content, please try again later.

Sincerely,
    Lee Ann

...... and of course I'm going out of town and now have to buy a book for my plane trip. grrrrrrrrr not happy at this time. So anyone else have this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Error Message since new patch 1.4

Wow. That's some error you've got there. It looks like you've already tried everything I would suggest you try with the Nook, so I'll suggest that you go to your online account and unregister your Nook there then try to register again on the Nook.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Mad Hatter

seabree2e, I feel bad that you are having all these problems. It really sounds like even though this is your first post here (welcome!) that you are pretty expert in working with your Nook.

Can you keep us posted on what you learn. You might get some other people responding here, so I hope you can check in periodically. I really hope that you get your issues resolved first!

Michael, I'm glad you were monitoring.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

seabree2e

So i went to my account on B&N and found this info:

"Deregister your nook by tapping on the Settings icon in the color screen area of the device. Tap the "Device" menu option, then "Unregister your nook". If your nook is not available and you need to disable account access, please change your password by clicking here."

Ok so I changed my password.. followed the instructions above and still got the same error massage. I cannot unregister my nook at the B&N website it wants you to do it on the Nook.. *shrugs*

Something must have went wrong during the install. Have you tried putting the 1.3 version back on? And have you done a factory reset?

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Mad Hatter

I don't know if calling B&N CS would be any less frustrating... I'd almost think that they'll go the route of wanting to send you a replacement Nook - I'm not sure if that would be worse or better.

Michael, do you have any thoughts on this?

Donna

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    Something must have went wrong during the install. Have you tried putting the 1.3 version back on? And have you done a factory reset?

Kevin
    Kevin, between you and Michael, I think you should be able to provide the needed support. I am glad you both are 'on the case'.

Donna

I agree with Kevin's suggestion of doing a factory restore. Go to Settings > Device and tap the "reset to factory settings" option.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

seabree2e

first of all.. good morning and god bless you for all your advice and help.

secondly.. i did do a factory reset... and i have downloaded all 69 books onto my computer.. just in case... murphy's law wants to kick in.

Just a little sad that I dont have it for my vacation, but i promise to keep everyone posted as to the outcome of this nook issue.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by seabree2e
    first of all.. good morning and god bless you for all your advice and help.

secondly.. i did do a factory reset... and i have downloaded all 69 books onto my computer.. just in case... murphy's law wants to kick in.

Just a little sad that I dont have it for my vacation, but i promise to keep everyone posted as to the outcome of this nook issue.
    It's a great group here.

You were smart to backup your books. There are a couple of threads going about doing that and the tools people use.

If the reset didn't work, I feel bad. Enjoy your vacation with your DTB's <sad>

Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast