Nook compatibility with microSD card. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Nook compatibility with microSD card.

Are they [SDHC] noticeably faster than SD?
    Check the nooklet I created: http://nookdevs.com/Nooklet_applications
    (Hangman and currency converter).
    Hope you like it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

I've only gotten the HC type cards... Also, speed and performance are generally higher (according to the mfg'rs) as noted by the 'Class Speed Rating'.

Maybe somebody'll answer any noticable differences between the HC vs not-HC cards.

From a Nooks perspective, I really don't know that it will make that much difference. I'd just go for the best deal (with the higher class rating and the specs accepted by the Nook) on a memory card.

Donna

Puck

My local Radio Shack store at the Tacoma Mall was having a sale on MicroSDHC cards so I picked up a 16GB card for just a few bucks. It happens to be a SanDisk, which is a VERY good brand - one that I would recommend over most others. (I use a lot of their memory products, and have over many years. Never had a problem.)

Any MicroSD or SDHC card, 16GB or smaller should work, but some brands I trust more than others.
    Nook Classic 3g and Simple Touch
    Admin: http://ScionLife.com/forums

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas
    My local Radio Shack store at the Tacoma Mall was having a sale on MicroSDHC cards so I picked up a 16GB card for just a few bucks. It happens to be a SanDisk, which is a VERY good brand - one that I would recommend over most others. (I use a lot of their memory products, and have over many years. Never had a problem.)

Any MicroSD or SDHC card, 16GB or smaller should work, but some brands I trust more than others.
    What is "just a few bucks" Tomas? Curious because I might check out my local store too.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Puck

It was a little under $30, Kevin, which I thought was a pretty good price for that capacity, even though I didn't need near that much - a 2 or 4 GB would have been fine. I can always swap it out with one of my smaller ones if some other device actually needs that big a capacity.

Do a Google shopping search for SanDisk 16GB MicroSDHC or just go to Amazon and you can probably match that price - or come really close.

The one I bought was the 16GB MicroSDHC and a full size SD adapter together.

(I think I have seen them occasionally for even less at Costco...)

Nook Classic 3g and Simple Touch
    Admin: http://ScionLife.com/forums

Ahh! I was thinking/hoping for less than that. I have seen them, with the adapter, at Best Buy on sale for around $25.00 several times but I've been holding out for a lower price because I really have no need of one just yet.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

One thing made me wonder - "memory can be extended UP TO 16 GB (maximum as you said)", but does that mean, if I insert a 16 GB card, will I have 18 GB in total or just 16 GB? I mean, is the nook going to recognise the whole 16 GB card + built-in 2GB memory?
    Check the nooklet I created: http://nookdevs.com/Nooklet_applications
    (Hangman and currency converter).
    Hope you like it!

Thing 2

Quote Originally Posted by Atomix
    that is just ridiculous that some people pay more to show off with some popular brand such as Apple or similar.
    have you met tubemonkey yet back on topic

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Atomix
    One thing made me wonder - "memory can be extended UP TO 16 GB (maximum as you said)", but does that mean, if I insert a 16 GB card, will I have 18 GB in total or just 16 GB? I mean, is the nook going to recognise the whole 16 GB card + built-in 2GB memory?
    Atomix, I thought it would support (and therefore) ready a 16GB card... Here's a link (non B&N, but geekie) that seems (to me) to support that: http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/01...talling-a.html

Donna

stauff30

I have memory issues w/ my Nook, which are starting to cascade:

My Settings screen indicates:
    Internal memory: 1.21GB / 1.28GB (95%)
    Total memory: 1.21GB / 1.28GB (95%)

Um, I just bought the **** thing Friday night, and how have 6 books on it! Really? 6 books chews up the entire memory?

Ok, so I went out and bought a 4 GB class 4 microSDHC card. I put it in - NOTHING. microSD card: Not installed.

My O/S (both WinXP and Win7) recognize it and see it as a FAT32 card. But Nook doesn't see it.

Please help. Beyond the quirky "getting to know you" stuff that I find annoying - If I can only have 5-10 books on it this thing is worthless. We spent hours trying to decide if Nook or Kindle were the way to go. I read some other boards and posts - people are all worked up about MP3 players and file allocation/segregation, etc. I bought a Nook so I could use it to read books. According to the fine folks at B&N, supposedly 1,500 of them. Did they inadvertently add 2 0's? Should that have read 15? or is my Nook a lemon?

Thanks -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast