Registered nook advantages

Default Registered nook advantages

Hello,
    I would like to know what are the advantages of registering my nook? The only thing I have heard is that you can purchase books directly from B&N website using nook, if you have registered it.
    Any other features/advantages appear when you are using a registered nook?
    Also, are there any tutorials on how to register your nook, if you are living outside of U.S. or Canada?
    What is the main thing I'll miss, if I don't manage to register it, since it might be difficult, because of the location?
    Thanks
    Check the nooklet I created: http://nookdevs.com/Nooklet_applications
    (Hangman and currency converter).
    Hope you like it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Registered nook advantages

If you don't register it you would have to side-load all your books and wouldn't get the wireless functionality of buying and updating your books. You'd be limited essentially to "My Documents" so you wouldn't get cover flow and stuff like that, or any advantage of linking to your B&N account. If you are overseas I doubt losing those functions are even a big deal because they wouldn't work anyway.

I think there were some people on mobile read forum who did manage to register from overseas. You might want to look in the nook subforum there.

Well, I would be loading books from my PC anyway, since it's way easier finding and purchasing them using my PC.
    What do you mean by cover flow? What updates could you possibly get for books?
    Check the nooklet I created: http://nookdevs.com/Nooklet_applications
    (Hangman and currency converter).
    Hope you like it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Coverflow allows you to view all the books you have purchased from B&N by picture and use the sweep feature on the LCD to do that. It certainly is not necessary to register your nook to be able to use it. You just won't have any of the B&N functionality. I like being able to buy the occasional book from the B&N store when I am out and about and need something new to read and I do not think you can browse the store unless your nook is registered because it would not have any purchasing ability.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Atomix
    Well, I would be loading books from my PC anyway, since it's way easier finding and purchasing them using my PC.
    What do you mean by cover flow? What updates could you possibly get for books?
    If you buy something using the B&N website (not on your nook), if you have your nook registered it will automatically download it to your nook.