NOOOO!!!! Got the dreaded black screen of death :( - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Re: NOOOO!!!! Got the dreaded black screen of death :(

yeah, I get that.
    I really hope my next Nook is perfect and does not give me problems. I want to love my Nook and do not want a Kindle.
    I am so annoyed by people who think the Kindle is the holy grail of eReaders and think of everything as a little cute copycat toy or something that they wont even look at one. I want a working Nook and dont want people to say "see u should have gotten a Kindle dear"
    I can't read library books on a Kindle.....u know how many years its been before I stepped foot in a library or even thought of getting a library book before getting my Nook?? After reading many books for free I do not mind spending money on some ebooks I can't get any other way. With Kindle I would have to buy everything.
    Also, my beautiful Oberon and 2 other covers will not fit a Kindle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Do you have a BN near you? I ask because if you have a problem, sometimes we can help in the store. I probably would have pulled your battery and slipped a battery in from one of our demos. Then if it powered up I would say, battery. I would put it into demo and let it charge for a while to see if it powered up. If it did I would recommend let it deep charge.

But of course it's only speculation on my part!

Mad Hatter

RavenPoe, I hope this new Nook is as good as he/she can be!

A VAST majority of people here on NB's love their Nooks - The Nook is my (and I think others) 'key' to ereading happiness!

Lets hear the chant: I love my Nook <say it again louder and prouder!> I love my Nook

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK I LOVE MY NOOK NOOK LOVE

oh i know the people HERE love their Nooks. I am talking about..........THE OTHERS. The ones who have been brainwashed by all the Kindle ads, Oprah's plug etc. I have to educate people on the Nook. My cousin was all about Kindle. I mentioned Nook and was completely ignored as if i said "why dont you get a JULHLKJOLI"...now hes got a Kindle. I asked a librarian friend of mine about ebook and other technology affecting libraries and he mentioned wanting a Kindle.....I told him about Nook and how you can put other formats and get ebooks from the library...at least he looked more into it but still seemed set on Kindle.

Mad Hatter

<giggle> to the first part of your post!

<sigh> to the second half of your post!

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I called AGAIN. Hopefully it will go out tomorrow. Seems like the warehouse was not releasing it. Tech guy said thats usually because it was damaged and they try to determine if it happened in shipment or if it was busted and thats why I need a new one. He put a note to warehouse to release a new one so hopefully it should go out tomorrow sometime. He said I should be getting a new Nook but it will go standard so it will prob take 5-7 days UGH.
    I did not see any visible damage not even the famous "bezel crack". So I dont know if it was damaged if it was in shipment. I put it back in that plastic case and the sleeve but I couldnt get it to exactly go in the case right. I got it closed tho, put the sleeve on, put on that plastic wrapped cardboard they orginally sent put in box along with the foam so im pretty sure i did things ok on my side. Dunno if they are trying to determine if I broke the screen somehow of if there was no damage but they are just being slow.
    This is my third Thursday with no Nook. But fortunately this is my first Thursday I didnt have a 2 hour wait for my Goddaughters in their afterschool program. (last thurs was the LONGEST 2 hrs in my life waiting and not having something to read)

Tom Sawyer

FINALLY its going out Monday. I got the "scheduled to ship" email from BN. I called again this morning and got the "let me put you on hold while I research this situation" omg right there i knew I was gonna hear the same thing. "Dunno why its not being released yet but I put a release on it and new one should be released in 24-48 hours" I had been hearing that for a week and a day.
    Every time I called I got someone different asking for different info. The other day they asked for the RMA or serial number. For RMA i just had to have that email opened but serial number would have been harder to track.
    At least one thing I can say is that everyone I talked to kept their cool even after my "choice" words of frustration. They all seemed very understanding and did not give me a hint of attitude.
    This thing is driving me crazy I even had a dream about it last night. I dreamt I called and got a lady who had a cold. She was asking for my address and when I gave it to her she said the address did not exist then she asked for some other number but my computer was not on so I was on the phone trying to boot up computer not even sure what number she was asking for because every time she tried to say what number (serial, RMA, tracking etc) she would loudly sniffle, sneeze or make some other noise)
    It would be nice to have my Nook before next weekend because I have a friend who does leather work (made a sony cover for a friend). I wanted to show him my Oberon cover (with Nook in it) so he can get more ideas.

Sorry I hijacked somone else's library thread the other day I thought I was posting on this but wasnt. I was so embarrassed I deleted it.

Mad Hatter

RavenPoe, was this all because of the changed out box (from one of your previously died Nooks) you returned it in?

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I don't know. I kinda figured I would have more trouble when they sent me the new before they got the old one back because they could have charged me for it saying that I sent the wrong box and voided whatever.
    I guess maybe whoever checked my Nook in last tme entered the RMA number I wrote all around the box as well as inside while this time they went by the serial number. It still seems tho it should have been straightened out the first time I called and explained. It was still hard getting that Nook back in that plastic box.

Tom Sawyer

FINALLY IT CAME. My replacement Nook finally arrived almost a month after I shipped off my old one. BUT there may be a shipping issue dunno.
    I got a few emails and 2 kinds of tracking numbers....one did not work at all and was a link to directtrack?? then later I get another email with a working tracking number from DHL "smartmail". Nook shipped out Monday from NJ and I was able to start tracking Tuesday and it arrived in LA area yesterday then "tendered to USPS" I figure it would come today by mail but didnt. The tracking number thru mail had "Delivery confirmation" service and all that.
    Then a few minutes ago I hear the UPS truck and I assume hes going across street cause MY NOOK was coming via USPS.
    But lo and behold the dude in brown comes knocking on my door with my Nook in hand.
    The serial number matches the Nook I received but when I track with the tracking number it does not say delivered.

But my baby is here and charging. YAY. Now i just gotta put my Alice sceensaver and DecalGirl wallpaper back on. Good timing too for two reasons my friend wants to hit the barber tomorrow before we go shopping so I can read at the Coffee Bean while waiting. Second reason good its here in time so I can show off my Oberon cover to my leather making friend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast