exchanging my nook need guidance.

Tom Sawyer

Default exchanging my nook need guidance.

OK I have to exchange my nook today but want to remove all content I.e. books, screensavers, wall papers and I need to be able to keep them safe so I can upload to new nook this evening... please help I don't want to lose anything but am not sure how to proceed.
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: exchanging my nook need guidance.

when you hook your nook up to the computer - it acts like another drive
    You should be able to just drag and drop the data on the nook to a space on your harddrive, external or wherever you want to back it up.

All of your B&N content stays on B&N so you can just reload it from there I'm assuming.
    Joy Hamilton
    Joy Hamilton Photography
    www.joyhamiltonphotography.com

Tom Sawyer

Thanks.. and actually found another way.... after moving files I unregistered my nook and reset to factory settings. Now all my data is gone from this nook but still safe and sound on computer and B&N account. When I get home with replacement I just drag and drop music and screensavers and wall paper and update for new B&N content which will put my books back in my library. ...

I just didn't want anyone having access to any of my books or data or personal info. B&N Rep was not to knowledgeable or helpful. He told me no need to do anything just return it... I just didnt feel comfortable doing that. All data stays there until device returned to wharehouse where then they would do exactly what I just did... wipe it clean......yeahhh me but lonely right now until after work... I can't sneak a few pages of reading in

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Lisa, what happened to your Nook or did I miss it on another post?

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Ok, I am feeling bad but had to do it. I was worried that my battery life was not as it should be and since I was still within my 30 refund period I took it back and complained of battery issue best buy was great. exchanged with no problem.... (plus.................when i placed a screen protector on my nook, I put a small scratch on the barnes and noble words at the bottom of the nook... i used a credit card to smooth out bubbles and must have scratched it. ..... and it was driving me insane.......................... so I took advantage of the battery problem and replaced it... but was very careful to not scratch my baby this time.

should I feel bad?

Mad Hatter

Some others have exchanged for 3G/WIFI to WIFI.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I Like having option of 3g and wifi. Never know when one or the other not available. Loving my new gadget.