SEP 2nd HELP: Cannot Connect WiFi

Mowgli

Default SEP 2nd HELP: Cannot Connect WiFi

Ok, so I went to my local library, couldn't get my Nook to find thier wifi, confirmed it was working for them, still couldn't find it, after a reboot and everything couldn't register. Anyone know what to do? I can't wait until I get to a big city to use the 3G because I need to register it before Wed. when my Dad comes to help me softroot the Nook! Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Registering Again? & Deleting!

Not sure on your first issue, but i have seen books left on my device taking up space after deleting before. There is a hidden folder called .Trashes or something which had copies of all my files i deleted. Deleting those got rid of the books. I stopped using the move to trash option on my mac and just use the cmd line to delete stuff now, and havn't had an issue since.

Default Re: Registering Again? & Deleting!

If you use the file system to delete files from your Nook you must empty the trash before ejecting it from your computer. Otherwise the files are actually still on the device. If they are still showing up in your documents, though, that sounds like a bug in Nook OS.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: SEP 2nd HELP: Cannot Connect WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by slow_mo_panda
    Ok, so I went to my local library, couldn't get my Nook to find thier wifi, confirmed it was working for them, still couldn't find it, after a reboot and everything couldn't register. Anyone know what to do? I can't wait until I get to a big city to use the 3G because I need to register it before Wed. when my Dad comes to help me softroot the Nook! Help!
    Have you tried any other WiFi hotspots in town? If it won't work on, say, an AT&T hotspot at McDonald's or Starbucks, then I'd call customer service.

I live in a smallish town and we have 3 AT&T hotspots here (plus a couple restaurants offer free WiFi as well as our library. I've not had any trouble connecting up. So it could be you just have a bad unit... or it could be something about your library's WiFi is not amenable to nook. If you can connect to other hotspots, like the AT&T ones, it is probably just something with your library WiFi. If you CAN'T connect to an AT&T hotspot, then it is more likely to be your device.