Screen went dark!

Mowgli

Default Screen went dark!

I was in bed last night reading my Nook. I wasn't falling asleep or anything but actively reading when all of a sudden the screen went dark and then right to screen saver, like I had just shut it off! I can't remember if I had to turn it back on or if I just went to the touch screen and got back to where I was reading. Weird. This is the only time this has happened. My battery is at about 50% or more. Is this the dreaded "black screen of death" I have read about or something different?

Also I bought my Nook at a B&N Friday night, 4 days ago. If I am having returnable issues do I take it back to B&N or does it have to be sent in?

TIA!
    www.cindysthisandthat.typepad.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Screen went dark!

This isn't the dreaded black screen of death. I've had the black screen and had to get pretty crafty to get out of it. I've had what you got but it just happens once in a blue moon so I just ignore. I'd say if it's happening regularly then you might want to ask BN about it.

Is the book you were reading sideloaded or a BN bought book?

And I guess you're sure it didn't just time out.
    Now Reading - Riptide - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
    Goodreads User koolkat67

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67
    This isn't the dreaded black screen of death. I've had the black screen and had to get pretty crafty to get out of it. I've had what you got but it just happens once in a blue moon so I just ignore. I'd say if it's happening regularly then you might want to ask BN about it.

Is the book you were reading sideloaded or a BN bought book?

And I guess you're sure it didn't just time out.
    I'm positive it didn't time out. And I'm reading a B&N book. Well it just happened that one time so hopefully it's not going to be an issue! Thanks so much for your help!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

So, did it re-start on its own or did you do something to make it come back to 'life or did it just come back from the black screen on its own?

I agree with koolkat67, if it is a one time thing just let it be. If it starts to happen on a frequent basis, just call B&N. They'll probably have you do some troubleshooting stuff to check things out.

Holler out if you have any concerns.

Donna

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    So, did it re-start on its own or did you do something to make it come back to 'life or did it just come back from the black screen on its own?

I agree with koolkat67, if it is a one time thing just let it be. If it starts to happen on a frequent basis, just call B&N. They'll probably have you do some troubleshooting stuff to check things out.

Holler out if you have any concerns.
    I was pretty surprised when it went black so I did fiddle with it to get it back on but can't remember if I just touched the touch pad or if I hit the on/off switch. No problem getting it back to the page I was on though. I'll pay closer attention if it happens again.