bought nook off craigslist

Oliver

Default bought nook off craigslist

Hi i bought a nook off of craigslist and they included 60 books on the nook how do i keep the books on it when i register the device to me??? i dont want to lose them i paid for them they were in the price please help????

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: bought nook off craigslist

If the books are sideloaded it should be no problem but if they are purchase, or even free books, from Barnes and Noble then I have bad news for you. Books purchased from B&N are tied to the account the were purchased from and verified via their credit credit card. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Administrator

I believe if they are already on the nook, they will stay on the nook so long as you don't physically delete them off. The CC info if they are from B&N has already been entered when they were first loaded, so it will stay in there unless the books are deleted off the device. You should have no problem adding your own new books as well.

Good luck!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

They will remain on the nook, but when you unregister and reregister it will require the credit card info that the books were purchased with.
    Visit My blog: www.acoverlover.com

I think somewhere in the fine print B&N says that ebooks are non-transferable , outside of the lending option that is.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bbduck8
    They will remain on the nook, but when you unregister and reregister it will require the credit card info that the books were purchased with.
    I have just sold my nook and when I unregistered it, wanted to see if the B&N books were still there. It did exactly this-asked what credit card was used to purchase the book. Something made me check my desktop B&N reader and when I tried to download a purchased book, it asked the same question. Not only that, when I put the number in, it told me it wasn't the number used! That particular book was bought 18 mos ago. I may have used a different card then. However, I checked a few minutes later and the book did download to my hard drive. I was going to be upset if unregistering my nook meant I couldn't access any books I had purchased. They are all on my hard drive now!
    If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.-Peanuts

Puck

The books will be gone once you unregister and then reregister to a NEW BN ACCOUNT. If the person charged you for the books, then IMHO they were wrong to do so. Unless they are giving you access to their online account. Then you could go into it and change the credit card on file and you SHOULD be able to keep the books. Customers get new credit cards all the time. Normally they would just go into their account and update the credit card and everything is ok.