PDF files on iPad Nook app

Tom Sawyer

Default PDF files on iPad Nook app

Someone is emailing me a PDF file that I'd like to read on my Nook app on my iPad. How do I go about doing that. My computer is DOA so I'm unable to side load anything at the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: PDF files on iPad Nook app

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens
    Someone is emailing me a PDF file that I'd like to read on my Nook app on my iPad. How do I go about doing that. My computer is DOA so I'm unable to side load anything at the moment.
    Open the email & the attached PDF file on your iPad. When you go to open the attachment it'll give you options as to which app to open it with - if Nook turns up as an option, select that. I just checked - the Nook app doesn't show up for me as an option for opening PDF files, though - I use the iBooks, Bluefire Reader, Kobo or Stanza apps for PDFs, depending on which one works best (since all PDFs are not created equal, some look better on some apps than others). For example, when I was checking just now, the PDF I tried to open did open with Kobo, but it's too big, you'd have to scroll down for every page. Just depends on how the PDF was formatted.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: PDF files on iPad Nook app

Quote Originally Posted by Meemo
    Open the email & the attached PDF file on your iPad. When you go to open the attachment it'll give you options as to which app to open it with - if Nook turns up as an option, select that. I just checked - the Nook app doesn't show up for me as an option for opening PDF files, though - I use the iBooks, Bluefire Reader, Kobo or Stanza apps for PDFs, depending on which one works best (since all PDFs are not created equal, some look better on some apps than others). For example, when I was checking just now, the PDF I tried to open did open with Kobo, but it's too big, you'd have to scroll down for every page. Just depends on how the PDF was formatted.
    Thanks for the help! If I can't use the Nook app I'll use one of the ones you suggested.