Original nook "Cannot connect to network"

Oliver

Default Original nook "Cannot connect to network"

Hello!
    I have an original nook which otherwise is working perfectly. Today however, I've purchased a new book but receive the error "Cannot connect to network" when I have the nook search for 'new B&N content' to retrieve the book. WiFi is enabled and is connected to the router. I've verified this in the routers logs.

B&N offered this deal a few months back to upgrade to a new Nook since I was using the Original. I didn't do so because mine worked great for my purposes, which is just reading e-books.

Has anyone else experienced this with their otherwise properly working Original Nook?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

The error message I mentioned was incorrect. The actual message is...
    "Network Unavailable
    Please make sure you have network connectivity."
    Which I do. I'm showing I'm connected to the network on the nook under status and in the router log.

Oliver

Update to "Network Unavailable". B&N support says that they pushed an update down to the original Nooks that in effect, disabled the WiFi. This is incorrect however, since my router shows my Nook Original is connected to it. BUT, B&N support did verify twice, that B&N is no longer allowing the original Nook to download books.
    I'll continue to read what is in my library, but my new e-books will come from Amazon on the new Kindle or other e-reader supporting its books.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Unhappy original nook

B&N discontinued support of the
    original nook

see
    https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...iscontinuation

You can not even sideload the content.

Quote Originally Posted by findlj View Post
    Hello!
    I have an original nook which otherwise is working perfectly. Today however, I've purchased a new book but receive the error "Cannot connect to network" when I have the nook search for 'new B&N content' to retrieve the book. WiFi is enabled and is connected to the router. I've verified this in the routers logs.

B&N offered this deal a few months back to upgrade to a new Nook since I was using the Original. I didn't do so because mine worked great for my purposes, which is just reading e-books.

Has anyone else experienced this with their otherwise properly working Original Nook?