Book Chapters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book Chapters

Mr. Darcy

Default Book Chapters

I'm still contemplating nook, but have a question. Is there a way to negotiate chapters other than a TOC? Hate to Kindle compare but I have nothing else to go by , on that device you can go to the next chapter with a right click (they show on the progress/percent bar along the bottom of the page)

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Book Chapters

I'm reading The Stand and although there are chapters, it will not let me navigate to a particular chapter. Frustrating!
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

mfaine

You can go to any chapter in the book by selecting:

Go To--> Chapter--><Pick a Chapter>

-Mark

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by mfaine
    You can go to any chapter in the book by selecting:

Go To--> Chapter--><Pick a Chapter>

-Mark
    I tried that numerous times with The Stand. Selecting 'Chapter' goes to a screen which simply says Cover. I've not tried with another book yet, as I've not purchased one yet. Will do that soon.

Tom Sawyer

I purchased another book and was able to navigate thru chapters. It seems that The Stand just wasn't set up to be able to do that.

Mowgli

It is a book-specific feature even for the Kindle. Unless there are chapter indicators in the progress bar along the bottom, I can't right click on my Kindle 2 to go the next chapter (although I can use the menu to select a chapter). At least for the books that I have read, there are surprisingly few books that are set up to allow the right click feature.

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Wundernook
    It is a book-specific feature even for the Kindle. Unless there are chapter indicators in the progress bar along the bottom, I can't right click on my Kindle 2 to go the next chapter (although I can use the menu to select a chapter). At least for the books that I have read, there are surprisingly few books that are set up to allow the right click feature.
    THey are in most of mine, but I use a lot of personal documents and always add TOCs with Calibre.

Tom Sawyer

I had no idea Kindle2 had that feature. Thanks for the 411

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by jennifermcb
    I tried that numerous times with The Stand. Selecting 'Chapter' goes to a screen which simply says Cover. I've not tried with another book yet, as I've not purchased one yet. Will do that soon.
    I wonder if the file is faulty? Or I wonder if it would help if you tried to reformat the book--change the font or something to force the nook to reformat. Or...hmm. I wonder if the sample of "The Stand" behaves the same way. I think an experiment's in order--I'm gonna see about downloading the sample later today and working with it.

--Roxie

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieRavenclaw
    I wonder if the file is faulty? Or I wonder if it would help if you tried to reformat the book--change the font or something to force the nook to reformat. Or...hmm. I wonder if the sample of "The Stand" behaves the same way. I think an experiment's in order--I'm gonna see about downloading the sample later today and working with it.

--Roxie
    As a Kindle user (and longtime Stand fan), I can tell you that the 1st couple of Kindle versions were faulty and a couple of customers had to re-download them after the publisher (Amazon?) corrected and re-submitted. I would recommend doing so and/or checking with B&N Customer Service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast