Book Chapters



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Book Chapters

  1. #1
    Mr. Darcy
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default Book Chapters

    I'm still contemplating nook, but have a question. Is there a way to negotiate chapters other than a TOC? Hate to Kindle compare but I have nothing else to go by , on that device you can go to the next chapter with a right click (they show on the progress/percent bar along the bottom of the page)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    I'm reading The Stand and although there are chapters, it will not let me navigate to a particular chapter. Frustrating!
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

  4. #3
    mfaine
    Guest

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    You can go to any chapter in the book by selecting:

    Go To--> Chapter--><Pick a Chapter>

    -Mark

  5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by mfaine
    You can go to any chapter in the book by selecting:

    Go To--> Chapter--><Pick a Chapter>

    -Mark
    I tried that numerous times with The Stand. Selecting 'Chapter' goes to a screen which simply says Cover. I've not tried with another book yet, as I've not purchased one yet. Will do that soon.
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

  7. #5
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    I purchased another book and was able to navigate thru chapters. It seems that The Stand just wasn't set up to be able to do that.
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

  8. #6
    Mowgli
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    It is a book-specific feature even for the Kindle. Unless there are chapter indicators in the progress bar along the bottom, I can't right click on my Kindle 2 to go the next chapter (although I can use the menu to select a chapter). At least for the books that I have read, there are surprisingly few books that are set up to allow the right click feature.

  9. #7
    Mr. Darcy
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by Wundernook
    It is a book-specific feature even for the Kindle. Unless there are chapter indicators in the progress bar along the bottom, I can't right click on my Kindle 2 to go the next chapter (although I can use the menu to select a chapter). At least for the books that I have read, there are surprisingly few books that are set up to allow the right click feature.
    THey are in most of mine, but I use a lot of personal documents and always add TOCs with Calibre.

  10. #8
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    I had no idea Kindle2 had that feature. Thanks for the 411
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

  11. #9
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermcb
    I tried that numerous times with The Stand. Selecting 'Chapter' goes to a screen which simply says Cover. I've not tried with another book yet, as I've not purchased one yet. Will do that soon.
    I wonder if the file is faulty? Or I wonder if it would help if you tried to reformat the book--change the font or something to force the nook to reformat. Or...hmm. I wonder if the sample of "The Stand" behaves the same way. I think an experiment's in order--I'm gonna see about downloading the sample later today and working with it.

    --Roxie

  12. #10
    Mr. Darcy
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Book Chapters

    Quote Originally Posted by RoxieRavenclaw
    I wonder if the file is faulty? Or I wonder if it would help if you tried to reformat the book--change the font or something to force the nook to reformat. Or...hmm. I wonder if the sample of "The Stand" behaves the same way. I think an experiment's in order--I'm gonna see about downloading the sample later today and working with it.

    --Roxie
    As a Kindle user (and longtime Stand fan), I can tell you that the 1st couple of Kindle versions were faulty and a couple of customers had to re-download them after the publisher (Amazon?) corrected and re-submitted. I would recommend doing so and/or checking with B&N Customer Service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Organizing the chapters
    By Neilostroff in forum Author nook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 03:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
  3. Chapters 12-21: Questions for Review
    By daveconifer in forum Man of Steel
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
  4. Chapters 12-21: The Point
    By daveconifer in forum Man of Steel
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
  5. Chapters 12-21: Hello, Morgantown
    By daveconifer in forum Man of Steel
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.0