Day Two of Nook problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Day Two of Nook problem

Today I woke up bounced out of bed to play w/my new toy & whammo - nothing, nada!! NOt even a blink. It will NOT turn on. HELP, any ideas??? Im very upset at this point. Lets face it, there is really not much to do except press the power on switch. What a disappointment and there is no one at the store who will have a clue. If my husband cannot make it work, it goes back today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

mfaine

Default Re: Day Two of Nook problem

Quote Originally Posted by smvc
    Today I woke up bounced out of bed to play w/my new toy & whammo - nothing, nada!! NOt even a blink. It will NOT turn on. HELP, any ideas??? Im very upset at this point. Lets face it, there is really not much to do except press the power on switch. What a disappointment and there is no one at the store who will have a clue. If my husband cannot make it work, it goes back today.
    Mine did the same thing a couple of times and I took out the power cord and plugged it directly into AC and eventually came back on.

-Mark

Mr. Darcy

I did try that only once this morning & then I left for work. I will try it again. If nothing works, removing battery, hardboot, etc. I think Im just going to return it and forget it!! I really liked it to while it was working. Only problem I noticed the battery went from 97% to 80% in 4 hours. I cannot imagine this last 10 days on one charge!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

mfaine

I did try that only once this morning & then I left for work. I will try it again. If nothing works, removing battery, hardboot, etc. I think Im just going to return it and forget it!! I really liked it to while it was working. Only problem I noticed the battery went from 97% to 80% in 4 hours. I cannot imagine this last 10 days on one charge!
    When you plug it in, if it still doesn't respond, press the power button. I may be an exercise in patience but it should come back on. If not, I would try removing and replacing the battery but I don't know about anything beyond that. I find that electronic devices usually have some sort of undocumented 'reset' key combination but I'm not yet aware of any for the nook.

-Mark

Tom Sawyer

That's because their "10 days on one charge" included turning off the wireless. :P

Since your nook's still very much under warranty, can't you get it swapped out for a new one, at least? I'd think they wouldn't make you wait till next month to get the replacement one, either. This is different from getting a new one. This is getting a replacement one.

--Roxie

sfr
    Mowgli

I turned off my WiFi and auto-brightness and set my display for 0% brightness a few minute ago. I hope the charge lasts longer. I was seeing similar battery drain as you last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    I turned off my WiFi and auto-brightness and set my display for 0% brightness a few minute ago. I hope the charge lasts longer. I was seeing similar battery drain as you last night.

How do you turn off the WiFi?

sfr
    Mowgli

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi On/Off

Beat me to it.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Thanks what I ment is there a way to turn the wireless off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast