Charging issues

Thread: Charging issues

Ada

Default Charging issues

I plugged my nook to charge it fully. The yellow light is showing and the charging status is active but the % charged doesn't change (stays at 86%) and i have charged it for about 6 hours.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Charging issues

I have a similar problem as my Nook never seems to get past 96%. Maybe as time goes on we will find out the answer. Right now it doesn't bother me as I can charge it up whenever I want. If I was on vacation & took it on the beach, I would take it on a full charge from overnite and turn off or is it on? IM never sure airplane mode.

Tiny Tim

I was wondering the same thing. Mine came in the mail on Tuesday and I let the charge get down to 13% before I recharged it, but now its stuck at 98%. Not a problem since I generally carry chargers with me, but it sure would be interesting to know what's going on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

The first few times I charged it would only charge to 98%. But now it will charge to 100%. Maybe it is part of the breaking in process of the battery? Last two times I let my battery deplete until I got the "battery running low message."

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by Ada
    I plugged my nook to charge it fully. The yellow light is showing and the charging status is active but the % charged doesn't change (stays at 86%) and i have charged it for about 6 hours.

Any suggestions?
    Mine won't go above 86% either. It actually said 87% before I started charging it, then dropped down and has stayed at 86% for the past 3 hours. Any ideas??
    What I'm reading: The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri

d'Artagnan

Even tho B&N said to fully charge it before operation, I used it little then charged it thru the USB in the computer and it fully (100% ) charged after a couple of hours or so. I have only been as low as 72% then I end plugging it in for something and doing a partial or a full charge and it does not seem to take to long to hit 100% again. Personal preference for me when charging a battery is slow charge rather than a fast charge so I am going to stick with the USB port.
    MikFinkel

wdblevin

Default Charging Battery with Airplane Mode Off

G'Morning!

Yesterday, I decided to try to conserve as much battery life as possible so I turned off wi-fi/wireless as well as set my Nook to airplane mode on. I also tweaked setting the touch screen to go off after 10 seconds.

As soon as I was done reading, the setting display indicated that the device was ~ 86% charged.

I plugged in the unit to an outlet for the night and when I woke up (about 5 hours later), it indicated that it was 93% charged. The symbol at the top of the screen showed it was fully charged, but the led light was still on.

That really perplexed me. This morning, I checked the manual to see if I misunderstood about charging the Nook and it did seem to imply that I was doing things correctly. I also checked this BOARD as well as the B&N Nook Help BOARD to see if anybody else had this experience.

I really didn't want to remove the back cover and reseat the battery, so I decided to get on the phone with B&N Tech Support. After about .5 hours waiting (silly me, I know), I decided to see if I turned off airplane mode and started the charging again to see if that would make a difference.

Low-and-behold, I got the charging symbol at the top of the screen and within 3 minutes the unit went from 93% to 94%. I am expecting that I will have a fully charged Nook shortly.

Has anybody else experienced this?