Reporting Trouble To Barnes & Noble - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maggie

Default Re: Reporting Trouble To Barnes & Noble

I recieved my Nook as a birthday present in May to use for recovery for back surgery. I have yet been able to get my nook to work and I have called customer service many, many times and still no help. Please advise what I need to do. I keep getting network unavailable. Help! Help! Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by maggie
    I recieved my Nook as a birthday present in May to use for recovery for back surgery. I have yet been able to get my nook to work and I have called customer service many, many times and still no help. Please advise what I need to do. I keep getting network unavailable. Help! Help! Help!
    Hi Maggie and welcome to NOOKBOARDS... Sorry to hear of your issues.

So, you've had your Nook for 7 months and it has never worked (and I am not sure what isn't working based on what you've written) and you've never been able to contact B&N CS successfully? Right now, with the release of the NC, this might not be the easiest time to get through on the phone.

Is it possible to take your Nook into a local B&N?

If not, can you be more specific as to what the problem is and maybe we can provide you with some recommendations.

Donna

maggie

Thanks for responding.
    When I select shop to look for a book to purchase I can put in the name of the book and then I either get network unavailable or searching for network connection and nothing ever happens. I also purchased a book on Barnes and Noble's web site and tried to down load from there and received the same response.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maggie
    Thanks for responding.
    When I select shop to look for a book to purchase I can put in the name of the book and then I either get network unavailable or searching for network connection and nothing ever happens. I also purchased a book on Barnes and Noble's web site and tried to down load from there and received the same response.
    Maggie - Can you give us more information? Do you own a wifi version or a 3G? If you have 3G it is possible that you live in an area where there is no AT&T coverage or weak coverage. Do you have a wifi router at home? Is your nook set up correctly for security and can you access the wifi with your nook? I would be glad to try and help you resolve your problem but we don't know your situation.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

maggie

Okay I will try again.
    (1) I power my Nook on.
    (2) I select Shop.
    (3) the screen comes up to put in the name of the book.
    (4) I type in the name of the book I purchased on line in October.
    (5) I press search.
    (6) I wait and then the screen says Network unavailable every time I try to find a book. I cannot get beyond this stage.

I really don't know how else to explain it to to you. I have 3G.

Are you positive that you are actually in the B&N store when you click shop? Can you see like the New York Times Best Seller list etc and actually "browse" the store? Do you possibly have airplane mode turned on? Can you browse to any books at all? Have you checked to actually find out if AT&T 3G is available in your area? If it is not then you will be limited to using the wifi. If you don't have a wifi router at home you can try MacDonalds, Starbucks, most hotels etc. I'm thinking that this is not a problem with the nook or B&N's website but 3G coverage in your area. Please double check to make sure airplane mode is turn OFF.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

Please help. I've emailed customer support twice over the past month and I get the standard response that they received my email but they are busy etc..... I'm trying to make a purchase of the 5th book in a series of 12 and this one says "webserviceexception Invalid_Ean... I'm not sure what to do.. I'm at a standstill on reading my nook because of this and either no one cares at B&N or they are seriously understaffed to help customers. Any suggestions on what I can do? I really love my Nook...

Have you tried calling them at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665)?

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Tiny Tim

You want to make sure your Wifi and Airplane mode are both turned off when attempting to use your 3G. You can find both of those tabs in settings. If this doent work try turning airplane mode on and then back off again and power cycle the device.

You can also go to : http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=voice and check what kind of service your obtaining. Make sure you click on the data tab on the top of the map.

Hope this helps, let me know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12