Reporting Trouble To Barnes & Noble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reporting Trouble To Barnes & Noble

We've been getting some new members lately and I thought it might be helpful to provide a link to the B&N Contact Customer Service page. On this page is an email form, as well as phone numbers to call.

When reporting problems with Nook to B&N keep in mind that a good issue report contains "steps-to-duplicate" as we say in the software testing world. So if you can't duplicate the problem and can't tell the folks at B&N how to duplicate the problem they probably will not be able to fix it in a timely manner.

Also keep in mind that nookboards.com is not affiliated with B&N and no one from B&N reads these boards, at least officially. So while we are more than willing to try and help you out with a problem, because someone may have had a similar one and may have a quick answer for you, reporting a problem here, but not reporting it to B&N may not get the problem fixed. I encourage everyone who finds a problem to report it to B&N using the form, above. Even if you find a workaround, the more the bugs get reported, the more likely B&N is to release an update to fix it so a workaround is not needed.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Reporting Trouble To Barnes & Noble

Good idea Michael. It is important that new members know we are not affiliated with Barnes and Nobles and even though we may be able to help in some instances and give advice B&N is really where they should address their problems. Thanks!

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Michael thank you for this info. I wish it would work for me, but I don't have much hope of getting through to B&N. I did try emailing them with my issue using the link you provided, but I'm not holding out much hope.

As I posted earlier, I was on schedule to get a nook "Rapid Return" because of issues I was having with my nook. Since the software upgrade I have had almost NO problems and I do not want to give my nook back in exchange for another. I never even asked B&N to give me a rapid return, but they put me on schedule for one anyway and now I can't get them to cancel it!

I've called repeatedly, but CS cannot help, Tech Support cannot help, and the only department that CAN help is the Digital Dept. Since they are inundated no doubt with people who really do need nook replacements, I cannot get through. I've been on hold with them a total of 2 hours so far today and a few other days when I tried, I could also not get through.

So this new nook may be sent to me at any time. I don't want it. Why take chances when my own nook is working just fine now (as long as I keep it on Airplane mode and watch the battery %, but everyone is having that issue).

I'm nervous that if they send me the new nook, they will unregister my current one (they said they were going to do that). Honestly, I'd just like to write "refuse" on the new nook package and give it back to the mailman because I can't get through to B&N any other way. I feel badly because someone else could benefit from that nook they are insisting on sending me.

The only other thing I can think of doing is going back to my wonderful local B&N and asking the kindly assistant manager if he can intervene. If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know. I've tried calling at off hours, etc and am still getting nowhere grrrr.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Copynik, I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think B&N keeps track of the registrations that closely, especially since we found that everyone had to register their nooks when they got them anyway, it's not an automatic thing. Just return your rapid return nook like you would have your old one if you were doing a real rapid return, and I think you will be perfectly fine.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

I agree with Rachel. I would not let it worry you too much. That just causes ulcers. Yuck. When the replacement does get there, probably via either UPS or Fedex you could try refusing the package and telling the carrier to send it back. If that doesn't work then accept it, don't open the box and take it directly to your local B&N where you have said you have had good luck with the asst. manager.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Personally? I would wait until you got the replacement. I would NOT refuse shipment. I would call Barnes and Noble customer service and explain the situation and ask them what they want you to do. I would not be making blind decisions. You might wind up being responsible for another nook if you don't do things according to their policy. Then again I would probably open and use the new nook and send the one I was having trouble with back.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Thanks all for the feedback.

Kevin the problem with contacting CS and trying to go about this in any logical sort of manner (playing by B&N's rules) is that their dept refuses to deal with this whatsoever. They've told me as much every time I've called and insist I must go through the Digital Dept to cancel the rapid return. Getting through to Digital is impossible. I've now been trying to call for 4 days at what they consider the most unpopular times. I've emailed CS and nothing has happened. I've spoken to Tech Support. It is ridiculous that I have to go through this just to KEEP my current nook. It's working better than ever. Why run the risk of returning it?

I will, as others have suggested, return the "rapid return"--either by refusing the package or taking it to the local B&N. Keep in mind when B&N first set up this rapid return it was 2 weeks ago. At that time they claimed they would probably send a new nook and not a refurb because the gadget hasn't been out there long enough to have been returned and refurbed. Now? Who knows. It has been 2 weeks. Their dept is unreachable which can only mean they are fielding A LOT of nook calls and possibly some returns. I don't want an unknown entity, ie, someone else's returned nook, when I know my own nook's history better and it's working so well.

So I guess long story short--calling CS doesn't work because they've flat out told me I cannot cancel the rapid return through them. Calling tech support--same answer. Emailing CS, no response. Calling Digital Dept--on hold for 2 solid hours at a pop without ever getting through. As someone pointed out--this can give a person an ulcer! Not worth it. I'll somehow return the rapid return and if they try to charge my CC, I'll have a pretty good argument as to why the charge should be refused.

Tom Sawyer

Update:

I got the following email finally from CS. This does not mean my replacement has been cancelled. It simply means CS may have finally communicated with the Digital folks to tell them to cancel it. At least I have the email as proof in case something goes wrong:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding order #XXX

We have requested that your nook replacement be cancelled. You will
    receive a confirmation email letting you know if this was a successful
    cancellation.

Visit www.bn.com and click on the options that appear in the upper
    right-hand corner to view information about your order.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Deidre
    Customer Service Representative
    Barnes and Noble

BNHAPPI2

I, too, have issues with communication with B&N. I used the link to CS by clicking on it. Sent them the information regarding my problem and still have not heard from them.

Anyone else having the problem with the Nook freezing up? We've only had this thing on since the day before yesterday and already, it has frozen up on us. We have used the USB, taken the battery out several times, pressed, tapped every button and key. Still cannot get it to respond. Any advise on what we can do?

I was really enjoying reading a book when it shut down on me. Instead, I've downloaded eReader, from B&N, to my iTouch and it is working just fine! Good thing the Nook is my husband's. I got it for him for Christmas. Of course, the Nook didn't come as promised. It came after Christmas! I even ordered it the day it was released...a few months ago.

If he keeps having problems with it, I may return it!

HELP!

Puck

^^^ Try removing the battery, then connecting it to the PC without the battery installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast