Trouble downloading books from B&N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trouble downloading books from B&N

I know several people have reported various troubles downloading books from B&N directly on their Nooks. I recently had a bit of trouble downloading a book as well and thought I would post how I fixed the problem.

I had purchased Orcs by Stan Nicholls since it was on sale for $1 but it just wouldn't download to Tethys (my Nook). So I went to my My B&N account, archived the book, then unarchived it, made sure the "show in my B&N" option was checked and was then able to download it directly to my Nook. Hopefully this might help someone else.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Trouble downloading books from B&N

Michael,

I just tried your method. Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work for my two books that are still locked on my nook. I'm wondering though, since they both open up on my PC, if I should try to sideload them from there.

It's now been more than two weeks since I was told, "it could take as long as a week before we get back to you." I think it's time for me to follow up with B&N again.

Sydney
    currently reading on nook:

Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg
    Pandora's Star - Peter F. Hamilton

Sydney, if you're having trouble reading ebooks already downloaded to your Nook, try downloading them on your computer and authorizing them in the eReader application. I had to do this for a handful of Secure eReader (.pdb) ebooks I bought from fictionwise.com before they would even show up on my Nook after I side loaded them.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

eBooks would not download for me. I signed into my BN account, and checked over EVERYTHING. I discovered my Default Shipping Address had not been established. Once I did that, everything worked.
    Have a good day, everyone.
    ARNE L. BUE

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by McWarren
    Michael,

I just tried your method. Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work for my two books that are still locked on my nook. I'm wondering though, since they both open up on my PC, if I should try to sideload them from there.

It's now been more than two weeks since I was told, "it could take as long as a week before we get back to you." I think it's time for me to follow up with B&N again.

Sydney
    I thought I'd catch everyone up on this. I called again this morning. (The original call was on 12/13.) He pulled up my "file" and saw that the info from my first call had been sent on (he even read some of it to me to make sure it was accurate,) but there had been no reply. He sent another request, but could not say for certain when the problem would be resolved. He DID mention that another upgrade would be out sometime this month.

Sydney
    currently reading on nook:

Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg
    Pandora's Star - Peter F. Hamilton

Oliver

I am a new nook owner. I downloaded my 1st book. I didn't get the complete book, only 63 pages of it. It never completed the download. I downloaded a 2nd book and that downloaded fine. I went to the website and downloaded the 1st book to my computer. It downloaded it as a PBD ? file and it went to Printshop2 to open it, which of course it would not. I will add that I have a mac not a pc which may be why that happened.

I had called nook technical support and she went through the user guide and didn't find a solution (also, she didn't have a nook on hand, just the guide). I archived and unarchived the book and it still wouldn't download. I really want that book. Besides I paid for it! Can someone help me?

If you've downloaded the ebook to your Mac why not just side load it via USB? As far as I know there's no compelling reason to open it first. Although you can read ebooks you've downloaded from B&N using their free eReader application.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Administrator

I agree, just plug your nook into your computer, and drag the .pdb file over to the "My Documents" folder on the nook drive that comes up. Then on your nook, you should see the file under My Documents instead of My B&N Content. I would say if the whole file isn't there when you do that, it may be a file problem rather than a download problem. Let us know how it works out.

also .... Welcome to the Boards!!

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Oliver

I am so frustrated! I downloaded the Ereader and put it in the apps folder. All that happened was a new folder called applications 2 and it duplicated all the apps in the applications folder. No Ereader. When I sideloaded the download of the book (dragging the download to the nook icon on my desktop), It appeared on my mac showing the listing of the book on the nook but on the nook's itself, I only had 63 pages. What am I doing wrong?

Kenpokapo, what book did you download? Are you sure you didn't download a free sample by mistake?

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast