Nook won't recognize content on MicroSD card - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mad Hatter

Default Re: Nook won't recognize content on MicroSD card

Quote Originally Posted by beta15
    high-capacity SD cards (cards marked with "SDHC)
    Actually, I have found that there are other devices that have a difficult time reading the 8GB SDHC cards I bought my hubby for his Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR... Like the memory card reader that I use that reads SDHC cards up to 2GB - It wouldn't read the 8GB card, so I would up ordering a different one (newer) and it reads it just fine.

I do have a hard time believing that the Nook wasn't developed with the capabilities to read those size cards. Maybe what Sue indicates below is the issue.

Donna

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

OK, I was able to find the post! According to the poster, you can only store 1275 files total between the SD card and the internal memory. There is some overly technical explanation that has something to do with indexing files.

I also found another post where a nook owner had contacted customer service because they had 2650 epub books loaded on their SD card and the nook wouldn't read it. They said they were told by CS to limit the number of books to 1000, that the rest of the space could be used for music and pictures.

Sue
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

mazinga

i used hp usb format tool to format my 4gb micro sdhc in fat32, and it solved the problem. now the nook do the work with all the content dropped in the secondary drive.

saludos!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

I had problems with my nook finding the SD card I installed. Spend an hour on the phone with customer service. Finally, I just turned off the nook, and then rebooted it. TA-DA! I felt so stupid for such a simple solution. But why wasn't that the first recommendation by customer service?? My next recommendation for version 1.5: upgrade the music player so we can have different playlists/folders for different books.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by BAlbaEsq
    I had problems with my nook finding the SD card I installed. Spend an hour on the phone with customer service. Finally, I just turned off the nook, and then rebooted it. TA-DA! I felt so stupid for such a simple solution. But why wasn't that the first recommendation by customer service??
    Having done desktop support, it's generally the first thing I would do... It gives you a clean slate (so to speak) to troubleshoot from - Hey, don't worry about not knowing as that as you did get it going!

Donna

Tiny Tim

i ran into same problem today with my new nook.
    i tried my 8gb microSDHC and after 2nd reset, it was detected by nook, but size was ~242MB(not 8GB)

as said in this forum and in other forums, small utility below will help you. backup your microSDHC card, start the HP USB format utility and reformat your microSDHC card to FAT32(it was FAT32 before, tried windows format, didnt help).
    http://hotfile.com/dl/64287316/b2690...BDisk.exe.html

btw use quick format(without this option it will take ~2 hours and its the same thing).

your microSDHC will work after this reformat.

Oliver

@lamzor

I registered just to say thank you to you!
    Initially I was skeptical but the HP USB Format tool worked after I had tried formatting using Windows.

This is the de facto solution to the 242MB total capacity showing for their microsd/hc cards.

BTW I am using a 16GB HP microSDHC class 4 card.

Oliver

Default Nook only sees some of the .mp3 files in the music folder on sdhc card

How about this situation: I bought a 4GB class 4 microSD for my nook color. The music player would not index any of the files when I created my own directory on the card. However when I dropped the folders of .mp3 files into the music folder in the existing file structure that the Nook must have created on the microSD card (because I sure didn't create the structure), then it recognized about half of the folders of .mp3 files.

What's up with this? I'm not having the 242 MB issue, I can see the full 4 GB of space, and even the unrecognized folders (meaning that the music app on the nook doesn't recognize them), they do show up in my files on the card when looking at the library.

So, anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345