Borrowing E-Books

deanna76

Default Borrowing E-Books

Can anyone share a simplified version of how to borrow an e-book from the library? I'm still learning and am a little technologically challenged, but I love to read!
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Default Re: Borrowing E-Books

I haven't done it myself, but let me try for you!

First you must have a library that does digital eBooks, not all of them do. The most popular site that libraries use is Overdrive, check with your local library to see if they allow for it. Most libraries requeire you have a card with them in order to borrow eBooks.

Once you have a library that you can use, you will want to download Adobe Digital Editions, this is what is used to allow for only a 21 day rental period.

Once that is loaded on your computer, go to your library and follow their steps for downlaoding your book to your computer. The book should open right up in ADE.

Plug your nook itno your computer, and ADE should recognize it. Move the files from ADE to your nook into the My Documents folder, and they *should* show up!

Hoepfully that will work and if not, hoepfully soemone that has actually done will be along to help you!!

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Mowgli

The whole loan a book feature does not work right now. There is a thread for the borrow and loan book inquiries. Several of us have tried to loan/borrow books and it did not work. Since that time BN has disabled the feature.
    Matt

http://twitter.com/Gloomy50

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy50
    The whole loan a book feature does not work right now. There is a thread for the borrow and loan book inquiries. Several of us have tried to loan/borrow books and it did not work. Since that time BN has disabled the feature.

When did they disable the feature? It is disabled for good/

Administrator

I don't think it will be for good, just while they are fixing the problem. But there is a difference between loaning a book and borrowing one from the library. Books from the library do not use the LendMe feature. Loaning to a friend one of your books does. The LendMe feature is not currently functional, but this does not inhibit your ability to borrow an eBook from your local library. I hope that clarifies.

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    I don't think it will be for good, just while they are fixing the problem. But there is a difference between loaning a book and borrowing one from the library. Books from the library do not use the LendMe feature. Loaning to a friend one of your books does. The LendMe feature is not currently functional, but this does not inhibit your ability to borrow an eBook from your local library. I hope that clarifies.

Rachel

Rachel: Thanks I was hoping it was just temporary. I still see the lend me feature next to some of the books.