Wireless file transfer

Mr. Darcy

Default Wireless file transfer

Is there any way to transfer files to a nook from a computer on the same wireless network?

I don't want to plug in via usb every time (since I seem to lose my bookmarks).

Is that an option?
    I was born at a very young age.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Wireless file transfer

It certainly seems to be a viable option, but I don't think we currently have the ability to share folders on the nook. With the nook being rooted, this certainly is within the realm of possibilities in the future...

I keep the cable plugged in by the nightstand so I can connect to the charger after reading if it's in need of a charge. I hate having to go get the cable to connect to the computer after downloading an e-book from anywhere but B&N! the ability to do this wirelessly would be very convenient!

Have you tried finding the nook from your computer over your wireless network? I use Network Magic on my PC, and it recognizes the nook whenever it joins the network, but I have not tried to search and connect to it...
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

Mr. Darcy

I haven't tried to do anything yet, as I was curious what/how other folks were doing.

I'll have my nook join my network tonight and see if I can find it from my PC.

I haven't gone the softroot route yet, but I might if I could easily send files (wallpapers, screensavers, ePubs) to the nook OR use Calibre to wirelessly sync (if it even does that).
    I was born at a very young age.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I'm going to give it a try tonight as well, I'll try it from my MacBook and see if my results differ any from yours!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:

Tiny Tim

You can use adb (with or without a GUI such as youADB) to wirelessly push and pull files to and from your nook if you softroot it. You can also install trook and use it to wirelessly browse your Calibre library and download those books you want. You can't sync them all at once at present, however.

Puck

I'm not ready to attempt the softroot yet, and my network did not recognize my nook (other than seeing an IP Address), so at present I don't see how to wirelessly transfer ebooks, but the browsing the Calibre Library certainly sounds like an awesome tool! I guess I'll just sit back and watch the show... At some point I'm sure I'll dive in, but I'll wait till someone develops an end user installer that will take the guess work (any any opportunity of me bricking my nook) out of the equation...
    Paul...

Now reading:

Oliver

Hello friends-

I have my nook, softrooted and working well. Got Calibre set up with books and newsfeeds. Will some kind person please walk this "tech wanna-be grandma" through step by step directions on how to set up my nook to wirelessly sync with my Calibre. What I am looking for is the means to have my news automatically updated on the nook as it is downloaded each day with Calibre.

As I mentioned earlier, I really need basics -- (I've got android program downloaded, and can work with CMD, but I need clear directions.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Barbara