AUdible.com files on the nook?

Oliver

Default AUdible.com files on the nook?

I was assured when I bought my nook that it could be used to listen to audiobooks as well as music. Audible.com is the most ubiquitous source of such books, but I'm finding that the file type is one not recognized by the nook. Various attempts at converting the files to mP3 have failed - both in the process of downloading the books from audible.com and also through a free converter program which claimed it could convert the files from ".aa" to ".mP3." I mostly listen to them on my ipod but this was supposed to be a handy way to take both types of books with me. Help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: AUdible.com files on the nook?

Well, the nook only supports Mp3 and so if you are downloading an unsupported format I don't think you can blame the nook. If your adio files have DRM on them you will not be able to convert them. You might try looking for your books in the supported format.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

Don't expect any support from Audible, particularly since they are owned by Amazon. I've been asking for years to support Android or Linux - all thy ever said is ""maybe".

In disgust, I canceled my subscription

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

The only way to reliably get the files into the Nook would be to burn the book to CD in itunes, and then import them as mp3's.

Oliver

That's a good suggestion, I will try that. Thank you!

Is there another source of audiobooks out there? Audible had been easy to work with till I got this new device. I don't see any on the B&N site. I was not blaming the nook, but feel I was (probably inadvertantly) mislead by the sales person.

I'm finding it's harder to share downloaded audiobooks than a CD-based book, which I have long exchanged with certain other enthusiasts (mainly family). I don't want to "cheat," but the cost adds up and if this is going to cost more than the "old way" in the sense that I can't share them when done listening, then I'll be looking for new options. The typical audiobook has taken about 10-15 CDs so my first attempts at burning them myself may turn out with awkward gaps or overlaps, but I'm willing to learn.

One of the features that sold me on the nook is the "lend" option. I hope I'm going to love it.

Tom Sawyer

One option that Audible supports is burning your audio to a CD. It's not exactly efficient, but you could burn to a CD and then convert those to MP3. Unfortunately Audible won't let you burn the files straight to an MP3 CD...

Most places that will allow you to download audiobooks will have DRM on them... I haven't tried any of the overdrive audiobooks from the library yet. I know that the overdrive ebooks will sideload...

Tom Sawyer

Does your library have digital media? My library has Overdrive ebooks and audio books. They can be downloaded in MP3 format. My library actually has more selections in audio books than ebooks!
    Visit my Etsy shop for custom made Nook bags! http://www.etsy.com/shop/pg4003

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by PG4003 (Patricia)
    My library actually has more selections in audio books than ebooks!
    Yeah, Patricia, that is very true... I love using OverDrive!

Donna