Paranormal Research - My most "haunting" experience. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paranormal Research - My most "haunting" experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Knack
    You are so brave, what a cool experience! I never did set foot in the Lemp Mansion during my 15 years living there, I'm a big chicken.

Another coworker (local from St. Louis and back in his younger more daring years) would park his van few blocks away from the brewery and go with his friends underground by removing the manhole cover hidden by the van. They have been to the underground pool and theater that the Lemps had built. It's the only way to see it since they've sealed it off from the house/public as far as I know.

Not that I'm a big fan of Ghost Hunters (TV), but noticed this upcoming episode on the mansion.

Season 6, Episode 16 – Aired: 9/29/2010
    Lemp Mansion
    The team heads to St. Louis, Missouri to investigate the Lemp Mansion. Built by money brought in by the largest brewery empire in its time outside of New York City, it was later the venue of a recurring family tragedy: three Lemps within two generations committed suicide within its walls.
    What channel does that air on? I'd like to record it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    What channel does that air on? I'd like to record it.
    Syfy I believe.
    peace out...

Mowgli

Thanks for the thread link, and yes Ghost Hunters in on Syfy. I have some great pictures of the inside and outside of the Lemp Mansion that I'll try to post on my website eventually.
    Bet you can't...FIND ME
    The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery
    Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I have had paranormal experiences, along with my family. I've had 2 personal experiences, one of which I think was an angel and not really a ghost.. I actually talked with her and everything.

I'll tell about that one first since it's the 'bigger' experience:

I was 11 years old in the Detroit Children's Hospital. I had just had back surgery and was in bed, in pain and having a lot of discomfort from a bladder infection (if you have one, you know how terrible it can be having to feel like you need to use the restroom and not being able to ... anyway!) My mom was staying at the local Ronald McDonald House, but in Detroit you either walk to the House or there is a bridge to get to it where you don't have to walk outside, but the bridge closes at a certain time of night, so my mom had to leave early each day to make sure she didn't have to walk outside at night in downtown Detroit - and even though I wanted her by my side for as long as possible I knew enough I didn't want her walking around outside late at night in Detroit!!! So.
    This particular night the pain and discomfort is just at it's peak, I'm feeling horrible and I'm crying. I say a prayer that God please send an angel to me. I don't know why I asked that, I've never asked for that before or since. It just came out. I'm sitting there and all of a sudden I hear a knock on the door and an elderly woman asks if she can come in and talk to me. She doesn't SAY she's with the hospital but I kind of assume so since she sort of looks like a volunteer (you know the ones who come to your room and talk with you or whatever?) So she sits down next to me and we talk, I tell her about the miracle I had just experienced a day or so before - I was supposed to be paralyzed from the waist down but I got full function back in about 4 hours after being put on the prayer chain. The only lasting effect I had was some loss of bladder function for a few months after surgery. I digress... she also tells me about her family a little bit, I remember her telling me she's Catholic. Suddenly, our conversation comes to an end and as she's walking towards the door, I say "you know, right before you came in I prayed for an angel.. and I think you were my angel" she didn't say anything she just looked at me and winked - I kid you not, she WINKED. and walked out.
    After a few minutes I'm sitting in bed and the nurse comes in and I ask her if she saw the lady that came in y room, did she know who she was, and the nurse says "I didn't see anyone come in your room." Then I ask her if there are any volunteers around and she tells me "the volunteers go home early in the evening, there's no one here this late.."
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

d'Artagnan

April, your story gave me goose bumps. Very cool.
    peace out...

Mowgli

Firefly, I love your story, and I have no problem at all believing you were visited by an angel or special spirit. I'm so glad i posted this thread because I am truly enjoying all the stories being shared.
    Bet you can't...FIND ME
    The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery
    Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery

Super Moderator

Yes, that experience really taught me how powerful prayer can be.

Another personal experience I had was while I was in high school. I'm sitting in my first hour class and instead of desks we have round tables enough for about 4 people to sit at each one. I'm sitting toward the front and there's no one at my particular table except for me. There is another round table and the door behind me. I'm facing forward taking notes from the overhead screen. Suddenly, I see a golden retriever walk in, I see the golden fur, the tail wag. The words are on the tip of my tongue "who brought the dog?" and i turn to get a better look at it, and there's no dog. Nothing. so then, I'm sitting there thinking that the dog just went out the door before I turned to get a better look at it (I was jotting down and paying attention to my notes after all) and so I ask after class, did anyone bring a dog in today (I never told anyone I SAW a dog, I just asked if anyone had brought one in, because our school was really casual and that wouldn't be unexpected for someone like an old student to drop by and bring a dog for a quick visit)..

and yet again, there was no dog, no one else saw a dog, no one had brought a dog. nothing. I know what I saw without a doubt and I can't explain why I saw it.. but I believe it was something. but I'm not scared of "ghosts" or spirits or whatever.

sometimes I think it's energy that we leave behind, like if somoene sees something repeatedly replayed, it's just like an energy imprint that got left behind.. and other times I think it's a spirit with a conscious.. as for the dog I saw, I think maybe it was an imprint or something.
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03 View Post
    Wow. That's amazing.

I guy I used to date when I was 19-21 (we were on and off, and he was about 4 years older than me) owned a house in the historic district of Chesapeake, Virginia, known as South Norfolk. A lot of the town there is dilapidated, but there has been a movement over the last 15 years to restore it. These homes were all built in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I think his was built in 1901. Anyway, it's the kind of huge monstrosity that is close to the next house, with the outdoor entrance to the cellar and it looks small from the front, with a big porch, but the house it actually very long and deep, 5 bedrooms, closed floor-plan, etc. He was working for years to restore it.
    When he first told me it was haunted, I laughed at him. His brother, who lived with him at the time, confirmed it but I still didn't believe it. One night, my sister and I were over there watching a movie with him (his brother and his gf were out) when we heard stomping and footsteps from upstairs. It scared the crud out of me. There was absolutely nothing up there, no furniture, boxes, NOTHING. He just casually shrugged it off and said it was the ghosts.
    Another incident was when it was just me and him and all of a sudden, we heard music playing up there, so we went upstairs to the middle bedroom (which doesn't even have a closet), and the music was inside. Then, it just stopped.
    The last incident was the weekend after Thanksgiving. We were waiting for his brother and his gf to get back from NY. He was taking a shower in the downstairs bathroom. I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom talking to him and watching the front door (the hallway split right down the left-center of the house from the door to the back where the kitchen is) and I heard footsteps on the porch. I got this big grin on my face "woohoo! Misty and Rich are back early!" and I watched the knob turn and the door swung open. Footsteps sounded through the foyer and then raced upstairs (like there were multiple people) and then a door slammed up there.
    My ex-bf goes, "Was that Rich and Misty?" I stormed to the front door, slammed it, then yelled up the stairs, "It's not funny!" and heard children's giggles in response. So I slammed the door to the upstairs too. The ex told me not to p off the ghost. W/e!

According to old documents my ex managed to dredge up, during the Great Depression, 3 young children and an old man starved to death in that house.
    Wow, your story remind me in my country, Indonesia. My country have hundreds or maybe thousands haunted house. Creepy ya!
    Find Best Outdoor Furniture Cushion for Your Pool, Cruise, Yacht, Marine, and Boat Cushion

Oliver

i was home alone one day and brought my dog inside. I was too scared to go alone to the back bathroom, so i had my dog wait outdoor. There was a loud crash noise from my room and my dog ran away -- to be continued
    Find Best Outdoor Furniture Cushion for Your Pool, Cruise, Yacht, Marine, and Boat Cushion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12