Libraries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libraries

Puck

Default Libraries

Will the 5 people in front of me in a line of check out/hold please just HURRY UP and read & return the books? I've been waiting 3 weeks to get a chance at one of 2 copies of an ebook, but still have at least 2 more weeks of waiting to go.

*sigh* Libraries used to be my absolute favorite of places to be when I was growing up. I don't think I ever waited for most titles, and certainly not more than a week.

What happened to the good old days of libraries actually having stock?

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Libraries

Nancy, love the new pix (avatar) of your boy!

... see ya' back on our horses thread and <back on topic>

Donna

Puck

hehehe... I guess I am being whiny about waiting to read something for free.

Meh. Just lost patience with the realization that it will be at least 3 more weeks of waitlist time to check out a non-best seller title from the library & readily found available copies from paperbackswap dot com. So, now, I wait a little less time and donate to the USPS. At the same time, 4 other people will move up one position in the queue for the same title from the library.

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by nancynook

They've got plenty of books.

Just not the one you want to read.

Um....you don't living in Detroit, do you? (I'm notoriously bad at returning books )

I once had a cumulative library fine for over $60.00... But I've been doing better lately since I started volunteering at the library in my kids' school
    Straight to **** (Book one in the Lilith Straight series) The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a longtime family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse, and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and **** heats up just a little more.

Tom Sawyer

*sigh* Libraries used to be my absolute favorite of places to be when I was growing up. I don't think I ever waited for most titles, and certainly not more than a week.

At least you've still got your library. Mine is closed and I have no idea why or what's going on. I'm a bit worried it's a permanent development but surely I'd have heard about it?
    Accomplished in Murder ~ Victorian Mystery

At least you've still got your library. Mine is closed and I have no idea why or what's going on.
    That's kind of scary...
    Straight to **** (Book one in the Lilith Straight series) The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a longtime family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse, and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and **** heats up just a little more.

Mad Hatter

When I first got involved with this 'board' and got my Nook, I told the story about how absolutely unimpressed our county library was about the whole electronic media side of their business (not so much audio books, but definitely eBooks)... Well, times they are achangin': http://journaltimes.com/news/local/a...cc4c03286.html

Donna

Puck

Will the 5 people in front of me in a line of check out/hold please just HURRY UP and read & return the books? I've been waiting 3 weeks to get a chance at one of 2 copies of an ebook, but still have at least 2 more weeks of waiting to go.

Only 5 weeks of waiting? You are lucky! It took me some six months plus to get The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest... and the library had 5 ebook copies. But it is terribly popular and the waiting list is over 200 patrons even now! Unbroken is only a little better, over 100 patrons waiting. I'm getting close, finally, on that one, but again, it's been months and months and months.

I'm really good about returning books when I'm done, because practically every ebook at my library is on hold. I usually go for short checkout periods too, since I read fast.

Oliver

Wow - six months - that's crazy!

Our local library is in some kind of unholy alliance (oh, I mean partnership) with other local libraries. So, the libraries switch books all the time, depending on need.
    Carpe Diem
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/beth-mathison?r=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast