A conversation to get things lively again - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh, nice house! Was it pricey? One of the families we went with wants to do two weeks later in the year next year, but the price nearly triples on the house we have! We paid just under $2k for everything, after taxes and heating the pool, so split between 5 couples, that was a great deal. Now we're not sure what to do, since off-season we save so much money, but on-season would be better for them since their oldest will be in 6th grade.

We stayed here this year and have it reserved next year (but can move the reservation without penalty up until November, I think): http://www.carolinadesigns.com/vacat.../by-grace.aspx

I stayed in the room with the fishes over the bed. And yes, I totally read in the reading nook on the very top floor.

We're thinking about maybe finding a house in Duck next year, since Duck is a little cheaper than KDH or Nags Head, but man....I love the location of KDH and Nags Head!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

It wasn't cheap. They stayed for 10 days, we left after a week because the girls were still in school. I want to say they paid about $2500 for it, but it was before the season started. We went the first week of June. There were 4 couples and we split the food costs between the 8 of us. There were 16 people there, but lots of room! I was so surprised! I think what we liked best was the home theater... we all watched movies in there each evening. :-)

We want to go back again next year, but I'm not sure which house we're looking at getting. We liked Corolla simply because it was so quiet out there. It was just so relaxing... the kids could go out on the beach or hop in the pool, we could just sit out by the pool and relax. It was great!
    NookBoards Moderator
    If you need assistance, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me and I will endeavor to respond to you within 24 hours.
    • "H3y [email protected]$ r0ng?" *sigh* Obviously it's your education.
    • Dear Microsoft Word, I'm pretty sure I spelled my name right. Not sure about the rest, but I think I have that one right!
    • I hate it when I spell a word so wrong that spell check has no suggestions.

That is so much cheaper than our house in June. Maybe we should look into staying in Corolla. Our house next June will run $5500 after all the taxes and the pool heating fee. !!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Huh... $5500?? Maybe that $2500 is what everyone ELSE (some other family members) chipped in towards it. Because if your house is THAT and I think Prince of Tides is bigger, isn't it?? - then I have to be WAY off!! LOL
    NookBoards Moderator
    If you need assistance, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me and I will endeavor to respond to you within 24 hours.
    • "H3y [email protected]$ r0ng?" *sigh* Obviously it's your education.
    • Dear Microsoft Word, I'm pretty sure I spelled my name right. Not sure about the rest, but I think I have that one right!
    • I hate it when I spell a word so wrong that spell check has no suggestions.

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by nookreader654 View Post
    Bah, that was too easy *wry grin* I thought it was going to be confusing... So, like in the good old days, here is a thread where we can chat and hang out. I'll start: school ends for the kids in 11 days. I have convinced all of my clients to train on either Tuesday or Thursday. This will mean that I will be TIRED by the end of these days (8-9 hours of training per day) but all of the other days will be open for fun stuff. We have a new dog (a 4 year old rescue dog, shiba inu/amer eskimo mix, 25lb) who is in need of CALMING DOWN out in public, so I figure we will be doing that many days this summer.
    My son also has a shiba inu/amer eskimo mix that I thought was a one of a kind. Wonderful dog who has become the guardian of their new baby. They have had her since she was a pup when she was just a little ball of fur, very cute! She is named Yuki and is also very, very active.

Mr. Darcy

We always wanted to go back to the OBX. We stayed in Rodanthe at Everlasting Moon and it was so incredibly nice to take our dogs to the beach. You don't think about how hard that is until you try. We booked another dog friendly vacation on the coast of Georgia only to find out that you couldn't take your dogs on the beach. Spoiled the whole trip as that was the point of it.

The OBX is truly a paradise... so much of it is still pristine. Nature as God intended it to be. There's a herd of wild horses there, though we didn't see them. So hard to imagine! Loved it there!
    -- Sharon Delarose, author

Oliver

Hello, I see everyone is sleeping, I'll try to be quiet while I wander around and check out the view. Being my first trip to the NookBoards, I'm familiarizing myself.

Sunshine, your first picture up ^ there of the pier is lovely. The water and the row of houses across the beach... that would make a nice book cover!

Quote Originally Posted by LindyS View Post
    Hello, I see everyone is sleeping, I'll try to be quiet while I wander around and check out the view. Being my first trip to the NookBoards, I'm familiarizing myself.

Sunshine, your first picture up ^ there of the pier is lovely. The water and the row of houses across the beach... that would make a nice book cover!
    Thanks! Sadly, that pier took a beating during Hurricane Sandy...very sad, it's a historic pier, been there more than 50 years. The end of the pier was still in place, but large chunks of the middle were swept away. We hope they can recover it quickly (if they haven't already), but I know they are still working to dredge out some of the sand on the roads, last I checked.
    I know a lot of the fishermen make a living off that pier, too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12