A conversation to get things lively again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    d'Artagnan

Default A conversation to get things lively again

Bah, that was too easy *wry grin* I thought it was going to be confusing... So, like in the good old days, here is a thread where we can chat and hang out. I'll start: school ends for the kids in 11 days. I have convinced all of my clients to train on either Tuesday or Thursday. This will mean that I will be TIRED by the end of these days (8-9 hours of training per day) but all of the other days will be open for fun stuff. We have a new dog (a 4 year old rescue dog, shiba inu/amer eskimo mix, 25lb) who is in need of CALMING DOWN out in public, so I figure we will be doing that many days this summer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I'm going on vacation next week to OBX. It's much needed. School ends for my boyfriend's oldest in about 4 weeks (he's a hs sophomore) and he'll have to take summer school for english, but he's also getting a job at the local movie theater, so he'll have lots of freedom and will be earning his own cash. We're pretty proud about how far he's come.
    Looks like we're getting another cat...my friend's stray had kittens.

d'Artagnan

Far out! I started this thread AFTER you posted in reply. I absolutely love time travel Oops, in fact there is an AM/PM that I didn't take into consideration.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

At the end of the month I'm throwing a 40th birthday for my wife. Once the kids are out of school I'm going to try to find time just to do what I can with them. We are not going on any of our usual summer trips because we're going out of the country at Christmas (my wife is from South Africa) so we're saving for that. We're looking for things to do around our neck of the woods that is fun but inexpensive.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

I did not know your wife was from South Africa. How did you guys meet?

South African + Italian.... Woah!

d'Artagnan

Depending on where you live and how old the kids are, there are many things to do in the summer! We have annual memberships to lots of local places (zoo, museum, etc) so we can run in, check out something simple before the crowds or heat get to us and then leave without feeling we have to make a day of it. We also do lots of short little hikes and trips to playgrounds (again, nothing elaborate, just an hour here or there) and each summer each kid picks something they want to learn more about (no real rules here, this isn't a school project, just learning for learning's sake) and I try to add to what they find. For example, one year my daughter was really into pottery and we got her a cheap battery operated pottery wheel and took her to a local artist festival where they had free classes and I got her a tub of air drying clay to mess with. Last year my son was really into learning about guns *shrug* so I took him to a firing range a few times and then we found shows on netflix streaming about guns. And he saved his allowance to get some nerf guns as well.

My wife came here as a nanny. We met at a CPR class. Then she made me work my butt off to get her to go out with me.

Nookreader, I'm plan on hikes and short camping trips, etc.

d'Artagnan

Hmm, this isn't generating the level of chat I expected. Drat! Sad, but I think the forum is dead

Just got back from OBX, here's a photo dump:

Me and my friend Carmen on our first night, in the hot tub:

Attachment 0

A picture from Avalon Pier in Kill Devil Hills when we went fishing:

The Brew Thru:

My friend's husband caught a skate (I did too!):

The story behind this picture is, the shopkeeper said no pictures of the hats. We took them anyway. She was mean.

My toes in the sand and my friends in the background with their little girl:

My friend's daughter, Twin #1:

Pelican

My friend's son

My other friend and her little girl

I was the only childless person on this trip.

Wow! It looks like an awesome time... :-) My husband and kids and I went to Corolla last year the beginning of June. We stayed HERE and we had a blast! It was a mini-reunion and was just so much fun! Of course, I was 5 months pregnant, so that kinda sucked, though! LOL
    NookBoards Moderator
    If you need assistance, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me and I will endeavor to respond to you within 24 hours.
    • "H3y [email protected]$ r0ng?" *sigh* Obviously it's your education.
    • Dear Microsoft Word, I'm pretty sure I spelled my name right. Not sure about the rest, but I think I have that one right!
    • I hate it when I spell a word so wrong that spell check has no suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast