New software to be debuted at CES aiming to take on Nook/Kindle/Sony...

Tiny Tim

Default New software to be debuted at CES aiming to take on Nook/Kindle/Sony...

I couldn't think of where else to post this

This looks like pretty amazing software. It is called Blio and is from Ray Kurzweil. It is intended to show books electronically while preserving format, graphics, colors, etc. Check out the story here:

http://singularityhub.com/2010/01/04...platform-blio/

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: New software to be debuted at CES aiming to take on Nook/Kindle/Sony...

Looks like just another ereader software program for the PC. Like we need another! I already have five different ones! Sheesh!

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Default Re: New software to be debuted at CES aiming to take on Nook/Kindle/Sony...

The software does look very nice. But... why? I still don't want to read books on my laptop or iPhone. So what's the market demographic for this software? It looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

What I really want to see is better ebook management and syncing software. iTunes for eBooks!

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    The software does look very nice. But... why? I still don't want to read books on my laptop or iPhone. So what's the market demographic for this software? It looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

What I really want to see is better ebook management and syncing software. iTunes for eBooks!

Regards,
    Michael
    Ditto

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    The software does look very nice. But... why? I still don't want to read books on my laptop or iPhone. So what's the market demographic for this software?
    Considering the advertised capabilities, plus that fact that it will be free, I can see this one possibly catching on in colleges, espcially because it faithfully renders the content of the book in full color with all graphics.

Granted, there are a lot of e-reader device owners (or potential owners - still waiting for my nook to ship) but there are also lots of folks not willing to pony up their $250+ for another device to carry around.