I Need Lots Of Help - As You Well Know! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I've Got A Big Problem - Either With You Or With Me?!

Richard- Welcome to Nookboards! And thank you for your service!

And, Ahmose...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmose

Ok, So now that we are on the 'right track'..
    and all on the "same page" [literally]
    (sorry, bad joke). lol
    you crack me up =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Andy, I knew I liked you for a reason... Well done.

Richard, thanks for the kind words (again) about the site and the helpers (you will find us to be enablers as well!) you found here.

Donna

Mr. Darcy

1. I would be excited/grateful to have some videos explaining some of the aspects of the site - ie something about a "cat?" by my name? What do the stars by someones name mean? How do you put a quote in your post?
    2. My desktop crashed - the tech - without my permission - installed "chrome" I have no idea what it is or what it does - but based on your recommendation I kept it. I'm not sure if this fits in the preview of this site but if could tell me what it is/does OR direct me to a site that does teach me AND why it's important for what I'm doing.
    3. Thank You
    4. In my next post I'll explain how the spell check works on my iPhone 4.
    Currently Reading - Fiction: The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
    Non-Fiction: My Life by President Bill Clinton; Without Hesitation by General Hugh Shelton; and Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The C.I.A. by Tim Weiner

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by rich2704 (Richard)
    How do you put a quote in your post?
    So, when you find something you want to quote (like I did above) and before you hit 'REPLY' button look for the 'Quote' icon right above and to the right of the post you want to use. Then click on 'Quote'.

This will return a Post reply window with a text box you can ultimately type your reply in. It will start with [quote XXX] and end with [/quote]... That is your Quote.

Some people leave the whole thing and then type their reply directly under and after the ending '[/quote]'.

Or, as I have above, I remove those aspects of the quote I don't want to speak to and leave just the aspects I do.

Richard, does that make sense?

Donna

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by rich2704 (Richard)
    installed "chrome" I have no idea what it is or what it does
    Chrome is Google's browser. Like IE is Microsoft's.

There is info about how to use it here: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/?hl=en-US

I'd go to the section Learn more about using Google Chrome and then maybe start with Get started
    and New to Google Chrome?.

Donna

Administrator

Not sure if this has been answered as I haven't read all the posts here (thank you for resolving the issues though, we do try to make sure there are no personal attacks on this board, so let's keep that in mind when trying to help people ... not everyone is as techy as everyone else, so don't assume that people know how to use things just because you do, my theory is .... when in doubt be extra friendly). Anywho, the spellcheck on this site actually opens a new window to show you the spelling problems. It's not like Word where the spelling problems show up right in the text you are typing. So the blank screen you got is actually the new window that shows the spelling problems, and either your iphone does not have the ability to show that page or it does, but you have to scroll around to actually see the words on that page. If this keeps happening, the best thing may be to just not rely on the spellcheck on this site when using your phone as it's not the most user-friendly for mobile devices. The mobile site of the website might be better with that, but I am not sure as I have not actually tried it myself.

Thanks!!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Puck

Donna~
    Thank you.

Likewise my friend.

Richard~
    No problem mate,
    I'll get working on a couple things for you today, as soon as I get home from the observatory.

quick question~
    what do you mean by
    ie something about a "cat?" by my name?
    Google chrome is just another web browser..
    like IE, firefox, opera, etc.

However, it is meant to be "simpler" and less cluttered, and "more intuitive" than the other browsers.
    It is also MUCH faster than any other browser ive ever used.

I thought firefox used to be quick..
    but chrome smokes it in a race! lol

I can show you how to navigate it/learn it quickly.
    I'll include that in something I put together for you, later.

Donna explained how to quite pretty well.. <3
    But I will post a couple screenshots for you later showing the couple of different ways you can quote people.

talk to you later mate.
    Have a good day.
    'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

Mr. Darcy

First of all (and most importantly) I want to thank all of you for your continued help! Second - How do I change the title of this post (thread)? It sounds like I'm angry if you'll notice the date it was before I ever had an issue with a person. It was referring to an issue I was having in trying to make something happen with the program - and I couldn't get the program to do it - it had absolutely nothing to do with ANY INDIVIDUAL - but as i read the heading that's sure what it sounds like - and so if there's a way to change the title - please let me know! Third - the spellcheck issue is an iphone issue. I have 635 apps on my iphone - and when there are too many apps running in the background - it does not allow SAFARI to bring over the spellcheck screen - it brings a blank page - and then when I go back to the original screen - the post is gone. The answer (of course) is to turn off some of the apps that are running in the background. Works perfectly - now. Fourth - I want to especially thank "Ahmose" - you are really going above and beyond in your help - Thank You - Finally - I'm probably not supposed to ask - but I'll ask and you can just reply - sorry. Ahmose - in a couple of your posts you mention about going to an observatory - do work at one? Now that would be an exciting job.
    Currently Reading - Fiction: The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
    Non-Fiction: My Life by President Bill Clinton; Without Hesitation by General Hugh Shelton; and Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The C.I.A. by Tim Weiner

Default How to change the title of a post

Rich, I don't think it is possible to change the entire thread title. I'll see what I can find out though.

You can, though, change the title of your individual post. For example when you are replying to the thread (with or without a quotation) you can click in the "subject" text field, delete what is there, and type in a new subject for the post. As you can see I've done it for this particular post.

I wouldn't worry about the thread title. I think the folks who are reading it know you aren't directing it at any one person.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Administrator

If you click 'modify' on your first post in a thread, you can change the title of the thread while you are viewing that. Or I can anyway, I am pretty sure everyone can do that. Give it a try and let me know how it goes! If you can't do it, let me know what you want it changed to and I will do that for you.

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast