I Need Lots Of Help - As You Well Know!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default I Need Lots Of Help - As You Well Know!

1. I write most of my posts on my iPhone 4.
    2. The problem occurs on all of the various boards I've used on this site.
    3. I write the post - long or short doesn't make a diference.
    4. After finishing the post - I press the spell check button - the screen goes blank an switches to a new screen - and the material that I'd just typed-in was missing! I immediately went to the previous (original) screen - but that area that I'd just typed-in was also blank.
    5. Needless to say - I no longer spell check my postings.
    6. This does not happen with other sites I use.
    7. Please Help. I'm not a fan of poorly spelled posts - especially mine.
    8. Thank You - Richard
    Currently Reading - Fiction: The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
    Non-Fiction: My Life by President Bill Clinton; Without Hesitation by General Hugh Shelton; and Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The C.I.A. by Tim Weiner

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: I've Got A Big Problem - Either With You Or With Me?!

Richard..

Have you not read the replies to your other threads , regarding this same thing?
    Why the need for multiple threads on the same thing?

People reply to your threads..
    But you don't seem to reply back..
    (so i wonder if you even read them?)
    and instead..
    you just post another thread..
    expecting a different outcome ? or what?
    I know it can be confusing sometimes..
    But no one will be able to help you if you don't read the replies from people to your questions/problems.

If the iphone continues to do this..
    Why not use a regular computer?
    Do you have the same problems when visiting from an actual computer?

Use a browser that has spellcheck in it.

IE-"internet explorer", if that's what you're using..
    isnt really 'good' for anyone, or their computers.. lol
    So, as has been mentioned in your other threads..
    Why not try a different, and *good" web browser?

I have linked you to 2 great ones already.

Im sorry,
    I just wish I could help you..
    But it seems to be impossible..
    so that frustrates me a little. lol

If you would have kept your other threads going, (replying to people trying to help you)..
    I think you would probably have whatever the problem is.. sorted by now.
    Wish I could help..
    I don't know what else to tell you.
    So Ill just say good luck ,
    and hope the universe can get you situated. ..
    it's 'good like that' , most of the time.. lol

perhaps if you read this, you can click the "Reply" button/link under the post!
    and if that works out.. Just keep doing the same thing, in this thread.
    Just need to hit the "Reply" button.
    Peace

'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

Mr. Darcy

Nook Color

Imagine my surprise/shock this morning when I opened "The Nook Boards" and found that I had been thrashed. That "thrashing" is shown above - written by Ahmose.
    Ahmose you claim that you've read most of my posts - you should then - that from the very beginning I stated that I was totally new to this endeavor. I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Early in your "comment" you made a statement about me reading my thread - I had no idea what you were talking about. I assume it's related (somehow) to a post. When I read that "comment" the first thought that comes to mind is "excuse me for being so stupid.". You then make a comment about replying to a comment someone makes. The only way I knew how to do that was to start a new post - in all my posts I told the reader I was sorry that I wasn't better educated in the operation of the program. Also I have no idea how to move parts of a posting into my post. You then make a comment asking me if I even read them - what conceit!! I read everyone of them and then I reread them and then again. Unfortunately it takes longer to learn something than it used to - especially when it's completely new. You state "I know it can be confusing sometimes" - how about "I know it can be confusing MOST of the time!" You ask me why don't I use a regular computer - if you read my posts then you know I'm a totally disabled Vet. I'm unable to move from room to room so I use my iPhone 4 and its limited browser which does not have a spellchecker. You then state it frustrates you to help me - WELL THEN DON'T. You then make a statement about keeping a thread going - sorry for being stupid - but I have no idea how to do that. By the way it is only after reading your encouraging remarks that I figured out how to reply to your message. Yes it's easy when you know how to do it. I've gone to every board trying to figure how to work this program - recently I got a reply from Rachael and I printed off a copy of how to's! But as I mentioned in an earlier post - I'm blind in my right eye and getting there in my left - so I have to wait until my wife gets home to help me read the paper. I certainly did not mean to create a problem - I've gone to each of the boards I posted in - and erased the post - with the exception of this one and one that somebody locked. I was offended by your post. You made judgements that were incorrect and uncalled for. Your post was not what I believed this site to be about. Sorry to have frustrated you - Richard

Sent from my iPhone
    Non-Fiction: My Life by President Bill Clinton; Without Hesitation by General Hugh Shelton; and Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The C.I.A. by Tim Weiner

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by rich2704 (Richard)
    Nook Color

Imagine my surprise/shock this morning when I opened "The Nook Boards" and found that I had been thrashed. That "thrashing" is shown above - written by Ahmose.
    Ahmose you claim that you've read most of my posts - you should then - that from the very beginning I stated that I was totally new to this endeavor. I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Early in your "comment" you made a statement about me reading my thread - I had no idea what you were talking about. I assume it's related (somehow) to a post. When I read that "comment" the first thought that comes to mind is "excuse me for being so stupid.". You then make a comment about replying to a comment someone makes. The only way I knew how to do that was to start a new post - in all my posts I told the reader I was sorry that I wasn't better educated in the operation of the program. Also I have no idea how to move parts of a posting into my post. You then make a comment asking me if I even read them - what conceit!! I read everyone of them and then I reread them and then again. Unfortunately it takes longer to learn something than it used to - especially when it's completely new. You state "I know it can be confusing sometimes" - how about "I know it can be confusing MOST of the time!" You ask me why don't I use a regular computer - if you read my posts then you know I'm a totally disabled Vet. I'm unable to move from room to room so I use my iPhone 4 and its limited browser which does not have a spellchecker. You then state it frustrates you to help me - WELL THEN DON'T. You then make a statement about keeping a thread going - sorry for being stupid - but I have no idea how to do that. By the way it is only after reading your encouraging remarks that I figured out how to reply to your message. Yes it's easy when you know how to do it. I've gone to every board trying to figure how to work this program - recently I got a reply from Rachael and I printed off a copy of how to's! But as I mentioned in an earlier post - I'm blind in my right eye and getting there in my left - so I have to wait until my wife gets home to help me read the paper. I certainly did not mean to create a problem - I've gone to each of the boards I posted in - and erased the post - with the exception of this one and one that somebody locked. I was offended by your post. You made judgements that were incorrect and uncalled for. Your post was not what I believed this site to be about. Sorry to have frustrated you - Richard

Sent from my iPhone
    Richard, I haven't read any of your posts, but this one just popped up as unread for me, so I read it. FIRST I want to thank you for your service to our country! My husband is also a disabled Veteran from the USMC so sorry to hear of your troubles, I wish I knew how to help. I think maybe it all has to do with the iPhone's limited browsing. I don't know though, I've never tried to use my iPhone for this site. I hope you figure it out, you sound like someone fun to talk to!
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

If I might be allowed to mediate here... let's all take a deep breath and step back a step (metaphorically speaking) and cool off, please.

Rich, I think Andy was trying to be helpful when he suggested you follow up on on your previous posts. It is possible that he does not know you re a disabled vet, so it not aware of your unique situation.

At any rate, we're trying to help. Now that you know how to reply to a thread that will also be a big help since it will keep the discussion in one place and be easy for everyone to follow.

So I don't think Andy was trying to be offensive, but he'll have to speak for himself.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Rich I don't know if you are using the full website on your iPhone but Nookboards does have a mobile version that might be easier to handlenon your iPhone.

The URL is https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?wap2

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Puck

Nook Color

Sent from my iPhone
    If it's any consolation, I didn't see any spelling errors in any of that.

I am sorry for your frustration in the forums. My grandfather is also retired military and requires some assistance with technical stuff as well. I think, being younger and raised with technology, we sometimes take for granted how genuinely difficult it can be to learn/navigate new things on the computer.
    Unfortunately, I do not have an iPhone so I can't give you any specific advice on the Spell Checker. But one thing does come to mind. I believe there is a way to highlight text (by pressing and holding your finger over the words) I think you can drag the ends of the highlighter to select what you want and make a copy of it. (Some one more familiar with an iPhone may want to correct me or elaborate on this). It might not be a bad idea to copy what you wrote before attempting to spell check. At least then, if it wipes clean again, you can paste it back in.
    I also want to echo what "mysnookie" said and Thank You for your service in the military.

-Crystal

Puck

Richard~

I'm truly sorry you felt it to be a "thrashing".
    That was not my intent at all.
    I really did just want to help you..
    (but you know what they say about good intentions..... "the road to **** was paved with them").

I apologize that my post was of a "negative nature" to you.

(but hey..)
    at least you know how to "Reply" now!

No, it doesn't frustrate me to help you..
    But it is frustrating when one does all they can to try and help another....
    But still cannot due so..
    due to misunderstandings of the method of communication involved.
    (internet forum).

One can only do soo much for another in this way..
    and I promise..
    I have tried in your other threads also.
    (and also given you thanks for your service to this country)
    Although I was not quite aware of all the obstacles you must face everyday.
    Im sorry.

My previous post~
    Now that I read it back...
    Does indeed feel "less than 100% positive"..
    and for that, I apologize.

I was tired, Id just got home from freezing my arse off at the observatory....
    and my "PR Skills" could have been better, I know.
    I do feel bad about it.

"confusing MOST of the time"..

lol, Ok, I agree..
    The internet is a confusing place most of the time!

I really just wanted to help you..
    That is all.
    But I understand I did not go about it the best way possible..
    and I do, again.. apologize to you for it. .

and to make it clear...
    I don't think it is "you" who frustrated me...

I believe it was my own lack of ability to be able to help in the way I wanted....
    So I think the frustration was all on me, That I could not think of a better/easier way to try and help you.
    Not on you.

I hope you can accept my apology..
    and know that I am willing to help all I can.. If I am able.
    (if you like). lol

@ Michael~
    Thank you mate. <3
    You are correct..
    I was just trying to help..
    and really did not mean to be offensive in any way..
    Though I do see how it could be taken as such.

So once more..
    My apologies.

Mr. Darcy

Yes - I certainly accept your apology - and I to need to apologize. I am to sensitive about not being able to pick up things associated with Ereaders and the web sites associated with them. I am not sensitive about the disabilities - life is what it is. I am truly grateful to all of you that took time to write (and I do see it is easier when you follow a thread). I appreciate the kind remarks each of you made. This (in my opinion) is what sets this site apart from the others. And Ahmose I appreciate your offer to continue to help - and I certainly need it. AND not only do I appreciate the help - but even more - I appreciate the willingness shown by individuals wanting to help - Thank You! And now - once again I try to do a spell check! Richard. IT WORKED AND I KNOW WHY!

Puck

Yes - I certainly accept your apology - and I to need to apologize. I am to sensitive about not being able to pick up things associated with Ereaders and the web sites associated with them. I am not sensitive about the disabilities - life is what it is. I am truly grateful to all of you that took time to write (and I do see it is easier when you follow a thread). I appreciate the kind remarks each of you made. This (in my opinion) is what sets this site apart from the others. And Ahmose I appreciate your offer to continue to help - and I certainly need it. AND not only do I appreciate the help - but even more - I appreciate the willingness shown by individuals wanting to help - Thank You! And now - once again I try to do a spell check! Richard. IT WORKED AND I KNOW WHY!
    Richard~
    Thank you!
    I appreciate your acceptance and humility.

I don't think you need to apologize..
    we are all humans, after all (i think we are, anyway).lol
    And it is just a "part of nature" to "bite back" , l if one feels they have been 'bitten' first.
    I completely understand.
    I also understand how it is to be "sensitive" about not picking up on something as quick as one would like..
    I am the same way with certain things.
    (like, what the ****. I know Im not STUPID!< why can I not grasp this!??) lol
    (The math involved with astronomy is a great example). hehe.

So, now a question...

You said that spell check worked this time~and that you know why.
    Yay!

Im guessing then that you know why it wasnt working before..
    So, why was it not working before?
    And what did you have to do differently this time to get it to work?

It may help others in the future.

Ok, So now that we are on the 'right track'..
    and all on the "same page" [literally]
    (sorry, bad joke). lol

Do you have any questions about anything that you'd like to be able to do here in the forums,
    that you havent been able to figure out yet?

small things, big things.. whatever.

Also..
    If you are able to watch videos on your iphone,
    and you would rather have a "visual" of how to navigate the forums..
    rather than just walls of text...

I would be glad to make you a /some small tutorial videos on all the basic functions of these forums.
    So you could really just sit back, watch.. and follow what you see.

Either way..
    Text, or videos..
    I'd be happy to help in anyway that you prefer.

Just toss all your questions/thoughts/wishes, here in the thread...
    and I think we will have you a "nookboards forums pro" in no time! lol

Thanks again for your humility and kindness..
    and once more for your services.
    The likes of you.. are truly appreciated..
    even if it does not seem to be so in todays world.

Im glad to "know you", Richard.

May the Universe provide you with all you need and want.
    Blessings. <3
    Andy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast