Phantomskinz Chromatics for nook - White Carbon Fiber

Mr. Darcy

Default Phantomskinz Chromatics for nook - White Carbon Fiber

Phantomskinz is a company that sells a "self-healing" skin similar to the Zagg InvisibleShield. I've used their regular skins on several devices (Palm Pre, Sony PSP Go, and Apple iPad) and am a big fan. They recently rolled out a new line of skins called Chromatics which comes in bright colors and two Carbon Fibers (black and white).

I contacted them about a skin for the nook, and to make a long story short they used my nook as a template and gave me a free skin in return. (For the long story you can check out this thread: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=2458.0)

The skin covers the back and front with the White Carbon Fiber and the two screens with their regular self healing screen protector. Carbon Fiber has a nice finish and look. The screen protector is alittle more reflective than I would have liked, but works really well on the touch screen. It's smooth and I no longer have to worry about scratches. Overall I like the skin itself, but I think the cut/template they ended up with was not their best work. Below are some pics so you can see for yourself. In one picture there is a bubble on the corner that I can't get to stay down which is slightly annoying.

The skins are available on their site (http://phantomskinz.com/search.aspx?find=nook), prices ranging from $14.95 - $39.95 with discount codes floating around from time to time. Considering the experience I had, the end product, and the price they are asking for on their site, I can't recommend it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

Default Re: Phantomskinz Chromatics for nook - White Carbon Fiber

looks kinda awesome! so do you have a case that goes around that?!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Mr. Darcy

I'm using the Body Glove Sleeve from Walmart. I was just going to use the B&N Neoprene Sleeve, but the Body Glove is nicer and cheaper. Plus the bubbled interior probably provides better protection than just a normal neoprene sleeve.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Sin
    Mowgli

Looks great, but their price is insane. I would love to find a nice carbon fiber skin to put on the front bezel, but don't want the back covered. Never like the feeling of the device corners with any skin attached and I'm not worried about the back of the nook.

Glad your nook is back safe.