Seldon Slip Case from BN

ulirn

Default Seldon Slip Case from BN

I had my eye on this when it was $60, which was the reason I didn't get it. I have a great cover that I use at home where I can sore my light easily and I love it, but I needed something slim, and sturdy that I can use to throw into my bag, that won't add any bulk.
    I first bought the neoprene, but it is so flimsy that anything that would bump it virtually could have ruined it.
    The Seldon case is GREAT!!!! It is super strong, made of leather, flipped upside down the nook doesn't fall out, you have to pull up on the tab in order to pull the nook out. It is really great protection, and actually looks rather "smart".
    If you are looking for something that is sturdy, and super slim I would recommend this, now that it has decreased in price!
    http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Seld...?cds2Pid=30261

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Benjamin Button

Default Re: Seldon Slip Case from BN

How stiff is the front of the case and how much protection does it provide for the screen?

I ask, because I saw a pic awhile back of a Kindle with a cracked screen. What happened was that it was placed inside a slip case and then inside a book bag. At some point, the corner of one of the books pushed into the slip case and cracked the screen. The slip case it was in was not damaged at all.

ulirn

It's a THICK piece of leather. I don't think any book would be able to get to it at all in a bag. It feels really secure. Most out of all the ones I checked. It's really well made. Worth the $60 the original price tag asked. The Nook rep at the store also said he liked it best for CARRYING, again it's not a cover, it's a case, and if that's what one is looking for I would recommend it. It's not a pretty little zip bag that obviously can give your nook a crack, it's a thick, sturdy, snug piece of rockin' leather, and I love it!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Benjamin Button

Thanks; I appreciate the info. It's a sharp looking case.

Tiny Tim

I want to get a sleeve style case, and this one look to be the best of the ones at B&N. My question is, does the shiny "n" on the front make it look less manly? It appears that most of the cases and sleeves at B&N are trying to appeal to my feminine side...

I also considered the Spade one, but would prefer leather over canvas.