Screen Protector

skates

Default Screen Protector

So sorry if this has been covered somewhere here, which I'm sure it has, but ... can someone tell me if anyone sells a screen protector that covers both the e-ink screen and the touch screen? Or is that simply not necessary? Thanks much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

Default Re: Screen Protector

welcome to the boards! hold please while i do a search for yah

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

i cannot find any threads on it but i've seen afew that say i'd rather have the bottom screen covered

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I bought a screen protector kit (off ebay) for my nook. It had 2 pieces: one to cover the reading and second for thetouch pad screens.

After a few weeks, I took the screen protector off the reading screen, partly because I had a couple of bubbles that I couldn't squeegy out, and partly because it just didn't seem necessary. I am VERY glad to have the touch screen covered, though.
    May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

skates

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'd rather have both covered at least for now and then make the decision if one or the other can go. All the ones I look at don't really say if they are two pieces to cover both items and I hate to order something online and then find out it only covers the e-ink screen. If anyone can recommend something specific, it would be much appreciated.

Mr. Darcy

Jim

I have one for my touch screen and the eink screen. I bought it from B&N and It seems to be fine.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess

Puck

I had one that hubby bought me from BN... but it was horribly difficult to apply and had bubbles under it. Worse, it was also nearly impossible to remove. I finally had to trash it. Hubby's got one on his Nook still, but it has bubbles and doesn't look great. I wouldn't be able to stand to read through one with bubbles.

Then I bought the screen protectors from JAVOedge... MUCH BETTER! The e-Ink screen portion went on easily, when I got it on slightly crooked, I was able to lift it easily with the aid of a piece of Scotch tape and reposition it. And it went on with NO BUBBLES! The touch screen protector part went on great too, and looked better, more integrated with the device. I got the anti-glare version and have been very pleased!

Both clean easily, and the touchscreen protector doesn't show fingerprints as badly as the unprotected touchscreen does. I really like the JAVOedge product! And while I wasn't too worried about the glass e-Ink screen, I did want my touchscreen protected. But now both are protected and that feels great!

I knew I wouldn't be able to do it so I made the person that I was buying it from put it on for me. He was very helpful.
    Vampire Tattoo Goddess