Maybe I am going to need a screen protector!

Tom Sawyer

Default Maybe I am going to need a screen protector!

So I just received my nook, and the fingerprints on the LCD are driving me bonkers already! Can anyone recommend a screen cover, maybe in a matte finish, that covers the nook logo (home button I guess it is) as well as the LCD and doesn't hinder responsiveness? I guess if it comes with a matte screen protector for the e-ink fine, but I'm not getting fingerprints on that yet anyway!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Maybe I am going to need a screen protector!

I have the B&N screen protectors for the e-ink and touch screen. A skin would cover the "n" as it covers the whole device. I had one my nook before but have taken off the get a new one and I can't decide now! The link at the top of the Nook Knack forum lists all the sites for screen protectors as well as skin sites so you can pick out exactly what suits you! Have fun shopping!
    ~*Stephanie*~

Currently reading on Two-Lu - BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia

Bask in my normalcy and read my ramblings on my blog - http://www.rowdysmommy.blogspot.com/

d'Artagnan

Currently I have the screen protector bought at BN on my nook. It works well enough but I'm sure it won't last forever. I have a smartphone that AT&T put a silicone cover on for me. They say this company makes them for nook as well. The covers are expensive but guaranteed forever. AT&T said they would put the cover on my nook too if I decide to get one. Of course I can't remember the name of it right this minute The difference seems to be how durable they are and yet still feel very thin and that they are put on with rubbing alcohol. I don't use the screen protector to protect against scratches and such as much as I use it to protect against misc. 'stuff' getting on my nook. The other day I slurped noodles and some sauce flicked up on the screen. My napkin took it off immediately!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by nookreader654
    Currently I have the screen protector bought at BN on my nook. It works well enough but I'm sure it won't last forever. I have a smartphone that AT&T put a silicone cover on for me. They say this company makes them for nook as well. The covers are expensive but guaranteed forever. AT&T said they would put the cover on my nook too if I decide to get one. Of course I can't remember the name of it right this minute The difference seems to be how durable they are and yet still feel very thin and that they are put on with rubbing alcohol. I don't use the screen protector to protect against scratches and such as much as I use it to protect against misc. 'stuff' getting on my nook. The other day I slurped noodles and some sauce flicked up on the screen. My napkin took it off immediately!
    I'm guessing you mean either invisibleshield or zagg? I bought one of the two for my Droid, but never got around to putting it on - - for the last year!
    Maybe I can cut it to fit over the LCD! lol

Is the one you have on the touchscreen matte or glossy? I feel like glossy would be easier to wipe, but will show more fingerprints - - ah, such big problems we face these days!!