Who's The Best & The Brightest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Who's The Best & The Brightest

I own a Nook Classic - I'm looking for the brightest Ereader light available. I have limited vision - and my night vision is zilch. I've tried the long neck models - both types of the Kandle model - and about a half dozen other models. Also I would prefer a non glare model - similar to the Kandle. Any suggestions?
    Currently Reading - Fiction: The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
    Non-Fiction: My Life by President Bill Clinton; Without Hesitation by General Hugh Shelton; and Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The C.I.A. by Tim Weiner

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Who's The Best & The Brightest

ello Richard,

I have tried a couple different lights..

the 'clip ons', I don't find nearly as bright as something like the "Lyra Light Cover".
    You can see it here~ http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lyra.../9781615513383
    [img width=600 height=413]http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/45410000/45414996.JPG[/img]

I got one almost a month ago..
    and it is very bright!
    (brighter than the picture posted from B&N)
    It lights up the entire book..
    and it stores right inside the cover..
    So you'll never lose it!
    It's always there when you need/want it.

It also runs on AAA batteries, So no having to mess with the awful little button cells like most others. . lol
    I dunno,
    I havent seen any others that appear brighter..
    or more handy!

It cost like $50 bucks, but eh...
    Its pretty nice..,
    Definitely worth it imo/ime.

'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

Puck

and here are a couple bad pictures I took with cellphone.
    lol
    [img width=600 height=450]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5204/5334668328_f9c0c2e11a_z.jpg[/img]

I think I have a better one somewhere that shows just how bright and effective it is..
    (and not blurrry!)
    Ill look for it..
    'Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.'~Mark Twain

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

I use the E-Luminator2 from M-Edge on "low" setting for my reading.
    The "high" setting is really bright so that might serve your purpose, something to investigate.

I usually read in bed using my light a lot. I just realized that I could probably save money on batteries by simply purchasing a cheap halogen directional lamp for my bed headboard. I guess I haven't yet since I didn't want to bother my significant other sleeping next to me.
    So depending on your situation, you have the option to enhance your reading environment with adequate house current supplied illumination (desk lamp, floor lamp, etc).
    peace out...

Tom Sawyer

I have the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Light. It covers the whole page with bright light, and I keep it on the lowest setting. I clip it on the backside of my Javoedge flip cover. It works really well.

hashish

Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents

So I tried the nook lights at the BN store and they are all too bulky, then I came across a kindle forum where everyone was raving about this Chinese cheapo book like from Dealextreme. Well for $3 I decided to try it and I love it!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26822

Its super skinny and flexible. I stick it between my nook and my cover and its perfect. It does use 2 CR2032 button cells, which I also got from dealextreme (20pk for ~$3), and they last about 20 hours or so. As with most of the lights, as batteries die the light dims, but that is something you cannot avoid.

Is it the brightest? Probably not. Is it bright enough? Absolutely, even for an airplane. It is flimsy, so after I decided I really liked it, I bought a few more as extras. I also decided to take it apart and reinforce it with lots of super glue. Still on my first one for almost 7 months now and it looks new and works fine.

My dream would be to integrate leds along the bezel around the screen, how cool would that be!

So If you looking for a cheap, unobtrusive, easily stowable book light, give this one a chance. I really like it

Tom Sawyer

That's funny you mentioned putting led lights around the screen, because just yesterday my husband said the same thing. He noticed me clipping on my light and asked why didn't they put a few led lights on each side of the screen that you could turn on and off. That would be awesome!

Mad Hatter

@ hashish: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS... I have that same light and I agree with your review of it.

@ Melissa: I had that same light, but I could never get it to stay steady on my case. I gave it away.

Donna

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    That's funny you mentioned putting led lights around the screen, because just yesterday my husband said the same thing. He noticed me clipping on my light and asked why didn't they put a few led lights on each side of the screen that you could turn on and off. That would be awesome!
    Sony tried that - it was a pretty dismal failure.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Meemo
    Sony tried that - it was a pretty dismal failure.
    what model was that? I wanna see it! it would be cool if someone could figure out how to do it RIGHT! but I think I'll stick with book lights
    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast