Cover or Sleeve

Thread: Cover or Sleeve

Oliver

Default Cover or Sleeve

I just got my Nook Color yesterday but did not buy a cover because they were out of any in red or pink at B&N. I was reading it last night without a cover and kind of liked how it felt in my hand. Do I need a cover or should I just buy a sleeve to protect it when not in use? I am worried that a cover would not protect the NC when I have it in my purse-that maybe a pen or something could slide inside and scratch the screen. What do you all think? Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Cover or Sleeve

I like the way they feel in hand too, but have had to go with a cover because it is so easy to flip it closed every time I put it down. I have had dogs and cats knock my nooks to the floor when I get up to get a drink and have even dropped it while reading and had the cover close on the way down protecting the nook. You can still take it out of the cover to read if you choose to, but I feel that covers offer better protection simply because they are always on the device.

That said I don't currently have one for the Nook Color, and have scratched the screen dropping it. Luckily nooks are sturdy little devices.

d'Artagnan

I have a cover that is book like (opens like a book), the industriell from BN. It is ok but a bit bulky when folded back flat to hold onto and it is very difficult to get to stand upright in the proper slant to read at a table. I have an easel cover from javoedge that is what I use now. It is sturdy, looks great, isn't bulky to hold in one hand, props at exactly the right angle on the table at a restaurant (and bonus, it flops over the steering wheel or
    display on the elliptical machine so I can read it those positions NO HANDS!). I also bought a vinyl sleeve from BN when they were 50% off. I haven't used it yet but it seems like a good idea for this summer when I'm at the beach (I don't want my nook to feel too hot in it's tweed easel cover )
    More than anything I'd suggest you have something to protect your nook while carrying it around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Thanks for the suggestion to buy a cover. I picked one up at B&N and love it! I can't believe now that I considered using my NC without one!

Mad Hatter

@ razorbackfan: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS - What cover did you get?

Donna

Oliver

Thanks! This is the first board I have ever posted on. Everyone seems very friendly.

I bought a pink leather cover that has a string to keep it closed. It was a special they had for Valentine's Day (30% off).

I love it and was so happy to have it when my son reached up onto the fireplace mantle to get it. He did not drop it but made me realize that it could easily be accidentally dropped.

Tom Sawyer

Well,that's good.

Mr. Darcy

I am so gratefull I have the cover.I bought the oberon and its definately worth its weight in gold.LOL.It brings so much protection,just imagine if it were to be dropped without ANY cover on it,to protect it whatsoever.
    I also enjoy reading it without a cover,but the practical girl in me says use a cover.