charging questions

Oliver

Default charging questions

I have 2 Nooks - the original and the second generation one. I noticed that the charger for the original is not supposed to work in the second generation - but it has been working albeit more slowly than the one that comes with the second generation Nook.
    Question No.1: Will I damage the second generation Nook if I continue to charge it with the first generation's charger?
    Question No. 2: I leave my original Nook in my locker at the gym all the time and read it while working out. I don't have access to an electrical outlet to recharge its battery near my locker. I would like to find a portable, external charger that is small enough to carry in my pocket to and from the gym. I would recharge the portable external charger at home, then carry it to the gym and use it to recharge the Nook's battery overnight in my locker. Is there such a charger on the market for original Nooks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

Default Re: charging questions

By second generation do you mean nook wifi or nook color? As long as it charges your first generation nook I don't see a problem with using the second generation charger, it shouldn't hurt it. As far as an external portable charger.... I searched around a bit and found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Recha.../dp/B0034BZWPK it looks super cool! But its also a bit pricey for a charger...I'm thinking when more of these types of chargers become available they'll probably come down in price.

Happy reading!
    ~Nookworm13
    'I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.'
    ~Charlotte Bronte

Oliver

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Emerg...pr_product_top here is a cheaper one...but by the one review it doesn't look promising. LOL
    'I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.'
    ~Charlotte Bronte

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

If you drive to the gym, how about using a car charger?
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.'

d'Artagnan

I have a car charger that works very quickly, so I agree that could be an option. I know I read somewhere about a free standing charger like you
    want (I don't remember if it was here or FC though) and the reviews seemed promising.