Q about M-Edge covers

Mr. Darcy

Default Q about M-Edge covers

I just got a Javoedge Cherry Blossom flip cover, and while I love it for reading at home, I'm wondering if I should have something else to put my Nook in when traveling or even just taking my Nook on the go. Yes, I'm terrified of damaging my new Nook! I do not have accidental coverage on it (though I am looking into getting that from Square Trade).

I came across some M-Edge covers for great prices on Ebay. The Executive leather jacket, the neoprene Touring sleeve, and the canvas slip sleeve. For those that have seen or tried these, would my Nook in its Javoedge cover, fit into either of the sleeves for extra protection when traveling? Or would the Executive offer more protection/padding while traveling than the Javoedge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Q about M-Edge covers

I only take my Nook (which is always in its Noreve cover) out of the house when it's in its Borsa Bella bag.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I dont' know about the sleeves, but I have the Medge Platform jacket which is essentially the same as the Executive except that the Executive flips open like a book while the Platform flips open like a legal pad. I've been really happy with the sturdiness of my Platform. I could probably drop the thing from a 5 story building and it would be fine as long as something didn't jam inside the space between the covers. That being said, its probably not the lightest cover out there (though its not heavy by any means). If I were you, I'd go to my local best buy which carries most of the M-Edge accessories and try them yourself.

I've never seen a Javoedge up close and personal so I can't compare between the two for you.
    'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. F*#&ing morons everywhere.' - David Lynch

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    I only take my Nook (which is always in its Noreve cover) out of the house when it's in its Borsa Bella bag.
    Ooh, those are pretty! So they are big enough to fit the Nook with a cover on it? I do love holding my Nook in its Javoedge cover and it will probably just live in that, but I feel like I should put it in something a bit more protective when leaving the house. I think my ideal bag would be padded, zipper closure, have a strap of some sort, a pocket to hold the charger and USB cord, and be made from a laminated cotton material so its easy to keep clean

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrl
    I dont' know about the sleeves, but I have the Medge Platform jacket which is essentially the same as the Executive except that the Executive flips open like a book while the Platform flips open like a legal pad. I've been really happy with the sturdiness of my Platform. I could probably drop the thing from a 5 story building and it would be fine as long as something didn't jam inside the space between the covers. That being said, its probably not the lightest cover out there (though its not heavy by any means). If I were you, I'd go to my local best buy which carries most of the M-Edge accessories and try them yourself.

I've never seen a Javoedge up close and personal so I can't compare between the two for you.
    I briefly looked at the Platform jacket at Best Buy, but didn't play around with it much or see a Nook inside it. I like my Javoedge but the edge of the cover is right at the edge of the Nook so there isn't any protection on the sides really. Wasn't sure if the M-Edge one was wider than the Nook and offered more cover around the edges, if that makes sense? Or maybe I'm just being swayed by a good deal on Ebay.......I am a sucker for a good deal!

Tom Sawyer

My platform cover does stick out on the edges and on one side is much larger in order to accommodate the M-edge book light that is an optional accessory. So basically if i threw it on the ground on its edge, the side of the nook wouldn't impact on the ground (unless i really threw it hard it guess)
    'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. F*#&ing morons everywhere.' - David Lynch

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrl
    My platform cover does stick out on the edges and on one side is much larger in order to accommodate the M-edge book light that is an optional accessory. So basically if i threw it on the ground on its edge, the side of the nook wouldn't impact on the ground (unless i really threw it hard it guess)
    Thanks! That what I was thinking it would do. Going to try to get to Best Buy tomorrow to test out the Executive Jacket in person w/ my Nook

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by ang79
    Ooh, those are pretty! So they are big enough to fit the Nook with a cover on it? I do love holding my Nook in its Javoedge cover and it will probably just live in that, but I feel like I should put it in something a bit more protective when leaving the house. I think my ideal bag would be padded, zipper closure, have a strap of some sort, a pocket to hold the charger and USB cord, and be made from a laminated cotton material so its easy to keep clean
    Even though Melissa labeled my Nook as a Kindle, take a gander at the 'Donna' pix here:

http://www.borsabella.com/bag-blog/i...ustomer-photos

The Nook in my case fits perfectly. I love the gadget bag that was designed to be attached and can be easily removed. I wear the bag across my body and it has the zip on the short side.

If I ever decide to get an NC, I already checked and that device in a cover will also fit in this bag.

Donna