Can Silicone Skin fit in a Cover?

Oliver

Default Can Silicone Skin fit in a Cover?

I find the white color of the Nook frame distracting for long term reading, and want to frame it in a black skin. (Kindle had the right idea here). Skins can be either thin decals that stick on, or you can get a silicone (rubbery) case that is molded plastic that fits all around the Nook. My question for those in the know is if I buy the silicone skin will that bulk up the Nook too much to fit in a case? These skins are pretty cheap, but I need to have a case to protect the Nook from my clumsiness. The decals are much thinner, and would certainly fit in a case, but alas, they are more expensive. Any experiences out there someone can share with me? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Can Silicone Skin fit in a Cover?

@ seattlecosmo: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS.

The only comment I can remember about the silicone cases is that they are magnets for pet fur and dirt.

My gut says that based on how tight a fit it is to get my 'classic' Nook in the cases I have is that the silicone would not be able to be on when using the case. The skin, being as thin as it is, does not prevent my Nook from going in a case.

FYI: There are matte skins which tend to be a bit more as well that I think people really like. My skin is glossy, but it is heavily patterned so that doesn't bother me.

Here's are some promo codes for DecalGirl: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/decalgirl.com

Donna

Oliver

Thanks, that is excellent advice. I have one of the silicone skins on my MP3 player, and you are so right about its "magnetic" qualities. I did not think about how that would only be greater on the larger Nook. Decal it is. Thanks again for the wisdom--and the decal coupons!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

I have a black skin on my nook - decalgirl's Haiku with the matte finish - and I love it.

You might also want to look at Javoedge's covers - the way they function gives you that darker frame around the screen. They have a discount - "15% Discount Coupon for customers via Amazon. Just enter in "nooknack" lowercase, at the check out page and have it deducted from your purchase amount!"
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...edge+nook+case

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...54&pbmId=18339

Here's what they look like (not all cases are black inside):

em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Oliver

I have a cheap silicone skin on my nook and the nook is in my Oberon cover. It is a tight fit, but it does fit. The silicon skin tends to gap a bit at the edges but is easy enough to get straight if I give it a pull and then touch it down. My cheap skins were from overstock, so you know they were cheap.

No dirt or pet fur problems.

Oliver

Thanks for all the great advice and pictures.