Nook Cases at B&N

Mr. Darcy

Default Nook Cases at B&N

I just came back from my local store. They had many (but not all) of the Nook cases on display. I had ordered the Tupper Quote cover because I love the color green. I wasn't sure if I would like it but the website does not do it justice. The cover is soft like silk and folds back very easily. I was going to purchase the Kate Spade canvas cover but I didn't like the way in felt in my hands and didn't fold back to well. I am also considering an Oberon cover but I'm not sure if it will be too bulky. All of the covers were really great. My store will be displaying the nook tomorrow at 9 a.m. Can't wait. If anyone has any questions about the covers at B&N just ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Nook Cases at B&N

I checked both of my local B&Ns and they don't have any accessories.

Did you get a chance to check out the Jonathan Adler cover? (The black one with a ? on the front.) If you did, what did the material feel like? The photo of the inside on the site looks like it might be a little rough and I'm afraid it would scratch the nook.

Thank you!!

Mr. Darcy

Sorry they did't have that one in the store. They had several leather cases, all the Kate and Jack Spades, the Alice in Wonderland, the leather slip in case, the Dilliane plaid leather. They also had the Blue Bronte which was really rough material. I loved the color but didn't like the material finish.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

book_slinger

i think the bright pink kate spade cover is adorable! not sure about the $125 though

Mr. Darcy

Yes it was really nice and soft but way too expensive for a device cover for me.

Tom Sawyer

I got the Tupper green cover in the mail on Friday. It really is so soft and beautiful. It's getting a bit lonely, though, without something to put inside! I tried to put my Kindle in it but the Kindle is a bit too wide
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

Tiny Tim

My husband and I stopped by B&N last night so I could get the Alice in Wonderland trompe l'oeil cover and a screen protector. I was hoping they'd have the Lyra light in, but no dice. I was kicking myself about how I should have had him pre-order the Alice cover at the same time as my nook, since it kept going from available to not available on the website, so I was really happy to grab one in store.

I liked it better in person than I even did on the site--the coated canvas is nice, it folds back easily, and it feels protective. I know that it will be the first of many cases for my nook, but I think it'll be a favorite. I was disappointed in the Kate Spade covers in person...they didn't feel like expensive leather to me (perhaps my love of Coach bags is truly spoiling me!!) and that both disappointed me and made me happy. I didn't want to spend $125 on a case, but I *was* yearning for the pink one until I actually held it in my hands. Whew!

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by jfritsche
    My husband and I stopped by B&N last night so I could get the Alice in Wonderland trompe l'oeil cover and a screen protector. I was hoping they'd have the Lyra light in, but no dice. I was kicking myself about how I should have had him pre-order the Alice cover at the same time as my nook, since it kept going from available to not available on the website, so I was really happy to grab one in store.

I liked it better in person than I even did on the site--the coated canvas is nice, it folds back easily, and it feels protective. I know that it will be the first of many cases for my nook, but I think it'll be a favorite. I was disappointed in the Kate Spade covers in person...they didn't feel like expensive leather to me (perhaps my love of Coach bags is truly spoiling me!!) and that both disappointed me and made me happy. I didn't want to spend $125 on a case, but I *was* yearning for the pink one until I actually held it in my hands. Whew!
    Totally agree on all points! The only reason why I didn't buy the Alice cover right now was due to it not having a way to close shut while in my purse. Other than that, I loved it. I was afraid of the canvas getting dirty, but the way it's coated, I don't think it will be a huge problem. It almost seemed as if you could clean it with a damp rag with no issues.

I was also disappointed in the more expensive covers. They didn't seem like they should be triple the price of the other covers, if not more than that. The quality seemed no different, except for the brand name slapped on it.

Tom Sawyer

I"m a Kate Spade fanatic, so I had my heart set on it. I also have a Lilly Pulitzer obsession, so the pink one was perfect. My grandmom gave me the money for the cover (she understands my Kate and Lilly love). I went into the store the weekend, and just didn't like it at all. I was disappointed that it didn't live up to my expectations. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hands. I ended up getting the plain brown leather ones for $30.