Has anyone gotten the Lyra light yet? Reviews?

Tiny Tim

Default Has anyone gotten the Lyra light yet? Reviews?

Just checking if anyone has one or has tried it yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Has anyone gotten the Lycra light yet? Reviews?

Do you mean the Lyra Light from B&N? If so, then I just got mine. I really, really like it. Not sure how long the batteries will last because it is so new, but it's got a good bright light, and it is very flexible.

Mowgli

Default Re: Has anyone gotten the Lyra light yet? Reviews?

i got mine. it's fair. hard to position it without some glare somewhere. and to tell you the truth, i do not find it really bright. and it does not give even lighting like a lamp does. it's okay though. i am still just using my lamp. sometimes both. i give it a 6+. love to hear what others think. i hope i am not being too hard on it. patrick i read your review after i wrote mine. now i am thinking that i was wrong. i only got it yesterday. should use it more. when i first got it i felt it did not clamp really strongly on the nook. has a very short clamp. but it does the job. you have to make sure the N is in the front of the clamp. patrick how do you position it where there is no glare on the screen. so far i don't see how. for me to do that i have to hold the nook in a slight tilt downward which is kind of unnatural position for me to hold it in. it definitely lights the screen. and it is very bright when you look at the light. it still looks dull when it hits the screen to me. i am doing it now and it is maybe better than i thought. i don't know. i just wish it were brighter on the screen. you find it really really bright, Patrick? i am surprised.

i have used it a little bit more. i think it is best when it is supplemented by lamp light. i like it. i think it is worth the money. you can definitely use it alone. but with some lamp light it is really nice. but if you want to read in bed with your spouse, i think it would work because it would not keep the other person awake if you want to keep reading if they want to go to sleep. still the ideal use is to augment the lamp light.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

okay. i figured out the discrepancy between maybe Patrick's and my assessment. I just tried it sitting in a chair. And all of my complaints went away. When seated you are looking down on the nook and there is absolutely no glare whatsoever. I had only tried it reading in bed. That is when there is glare because of the way you mostly hold nook in bed--more up. But now that i see how it work so well sitting down, i have made the adjustment laying in bed. I rest it more on my chest and it works quite well. Get it.

Mr. Darcy

I definitely use it to let my wife go to sleep. It's light is more focused than my previous booklights, so it is actually better in that regards. With the glare, I just position it off to the side a bit and angle the light so that the "spot" (the area that is so bright I cannot read that text) is just off the edge of the text. The corners are a tad bit darker, but still well lit.

I do prefer to read without the light, but I have no hesitation pulling this out when I need it.

Mowgli

now that i have used it on and off for two days, i see exactly what you mean, Patrick. that works.